Apple Fails: Quality and Service (at least the Marketing is still running well)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AC1976, May 9, 2013.

1. AC1976 macrumors newbie

Apple Fails: there are 2 reasons to buy an Apple Mac (16" Retina Pro) people told me - 1) Quality and 2) Service. Apple have failed on both.

My Mac will not sleep - the fans just turn on and go 100% until the battery runs out (or I turn it off - it did 18hrs on power the other night). i am about to make my 5th trip in 4 weeks to see the Apple "Genius'" at the Carindale store (Australia) about this same issue... I wonder what story they will give me this time to pretend they have found the issue and fixed it. They had my Mac 4 days last time - I picked it up 'fixed' on Wednesday lunch time, and in the afternoon found that the same problem still existed.

So: FAIL on both Quality and Service.

The Apple Marketing at least seems to work - keeping people fooled about the quality and service.

My question is: What will Apple do about it... will there be any attempt at saving my business and restoring their 'mythical' service reputation???

2. ScottishCaptain macrumors 6502a

This is the Mac Pro section. You're complaining about a laptop. There is no such thing as a 16" Retina Pro.

Your post is full of fail. And Apple doesn't care about you, you're not going to make or break their business. Maybe if you phoned them up and talked to them (without using the word "fail" so often), they'd bump you up to customer relations and you could get your machine outright replaced.

-SC

3. SimeoneSergio macrumors regular

............................................________
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,
    .........................,/...............................................”:,
    .....................,?......................................................\,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:”........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

4. goMac macrumors 603

Why not get it exchanged? Doesn't Australia have lemon laws?

5. Tesselator macrumors 601

Tesselator

Hehe, so Apple sucks and it's all a big conspiratorial lie because one person got a lemon?

Hmm, well considering that the person in question can't even figure out which forum he's in I'd say there may be some operator error involved here. ;)

And of course there are thousands of satisfied users for every one with a lemon.

<shrug>

6. thehustleman macrumors 65816

You simply got a bad one, it happens.

Talk to them and get it replaced.

7. fr4c macrumors 65816

fr4c

In the time it took you to register, and post this, you probably could've resolved the issue by talking to AppleCare or getting the unit exchanged if it was purchased new.

8. makaveli559m macrumors 6502

I took a MacBook Pro that I bought once from eBay to the Apple store and they said they would check it free with out charge. I had a problem with the DVD drive and it turns out it still had warranty so they put in a new one for free. They even offered to do more stuff if I wanted to.

9. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

Apple has amazing service.

I used to be hater but now when I have a problem I call, talk to an english native language person within 5 seconds and they stay on the phone as long as I need.

You just need to learn to work with them and not get so angry :)

10. Bob Sanders macrumors member

As someone who has to do some customer service for a a technical product I will say unequivocally that your trollish behavior is not helping your situation at all.

11. negativzero macrumors 6502

Apple's service can be hit and miss though. I usually get it good, but one time, I had a problem with my MacBook and called in for a replacement. I got shifted through 4 geniuses and 5-6 senior advisers fannying about with my case and no result or update from any of them. And when I called in for an update on my MacBook, I got passed on to another adviser.

Fed up with the problem, I sent a nice email to Tim Cook and within 2 hours, one of his representatives called me back, apologised to me and set up an immediate replacement. They even upgraded my MacBook to the 2012 edition and threw in some other upgrades in them.

Point of the story, just be calm and civil when asking things from Apple. Yes they are service staff but they don't deserve to be abused anyway. If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your repair, you can always mail in to Apple Feedback or even Tim Cook, sure he may not reply all the time, but there is certainly someone behind his email account looking out at the feedback.

12. maxosx macrumors 68020

I agree, at least that's been my experience. The few times I've used AppleCare they've been great.

13. racer1441 macrumors 68000