Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is opening two new retail locations in Sarasota, Florida and Manchester, New Hampshire this week, with the Florida location opening on Thursday, October 16 and the New Hampshire location opening on Saturday, October 18.

Apple's new Sarasota location, at the brand new $315 million University Town Center mall, will open on a Thursday rather than a Saturday as that day marks the grand opening of the shopping center. The University Town Center mall is an indoor facility that features an array of retail stores and restaurants.

sarasotaapplestore.jpg
The upcoming Sarasota Apple Store will be Apple's 17th store in Florida, and its Thursday debut date falls on the same day as Apple's media event where it is expected to introduce both new iPads and Retina iMacs.

Apple's new store in Manchester, New Hampshire is located at the Mall of New Hampshire, a multi-story indoor shopping center that is home to 125 retail stores and restaurants. Occupying a space that spans about 6,800 square feet, the Apple store joins two other retail locations in New Hampshire, in Nashua and Salem.

Both stores will open at 10:00 a.m. local time and as is common with new store openings, employees will likely hand out T-shirts to the first customers to visit each new location. The Manchester store and the Sarasota store have both begun accepting reservations for workshops and Genius Bar appointments.

Article Link: Apple Opening New Retail Stores in Florida and New Hampshire This Week

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
Come to Western North Carolina! PLEASE! The closest Apple Stores are 2 hours away in 3 different directions: Knoxville, TN, Greenville, SC, or Charlotte, NC. Asheville is a large city with a huge amount of Apple users and we would definitely support a store here! :(

GLS

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2010
Good for Apple and the communities that are getting the new stores.

They probably will have ample stock of iPhones 6 and 6 Plus as well.

Meanwhile, those of us who ordered online in September are still facing the prospects of getting our devices sometime before Thanksgiving.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Looking forward to not having to go to the Salem store anymore. Hoping the Mancheter store is a little less crowded without all the people from MA coming up.

-Kevin

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
Looking forward to not having to go to the Salem store anymore. Hoping the Mancheter store is a little less crowded without all the people from MA coming up.

-Kevin

Salem: "ugh, mass-oles!"
Manchvegas: "ugh, Manchester."

Batavian

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2011
They must do a heck of a business from Massachusetts. Aren't there three stores now in southern New Hampshire?

uwdude

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2014
The closest Apple stores to me are in the Millennia mall and Florida mall in Orlando. I wish one would open up in Melbourne.

I live in the Tampa area, but I picked up my 6+ at Millenia (lucked out launch weekend). I must say Millenia is nicer than anything we have in Tampa, and I thought International Plaza was fancy. The Apple Store Millenia is larger than the two we have. And I didn't realize Millenia (or anywhere in central Florida) had a Cartier, Chanel, and Versace. Now I know where the rich people go, lol.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
Brevard County, FL needs an Apple Store. We need to make an hour trip for a store. Indian River County is even worse. Vero Beach has more money than Raptor Jesus and they need a two hour trip to either West Palm or Orlando.

Evie poole

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2014
Apple iPhone 6 vs Apple iPhone 6 Plus

The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus both come with equipped with brand new HD Retina displays that can show more content on the phones. However, just like computer screens, even if it means sacrificing on resolve slightly. Displaying Zoom on the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus works in much the same way.
For more details check out phonesandcomputers.com

gatortpk

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2003
Melbourne, FL
The closest Apple stores to me are in the Millennia mall and Florida mall in Orlando. I wish one would open up in Melbourne.

YES! Melbourne, FL is long overdue for an Apple Store. There are many reasons for a store here, schools, industries, NASA, etc.

There was a publication about 7 years ago predicting the locations of future Apple stores based on many factors. Melbourne/Brevard County Florida was second on the list and now is the only location in the top ten (top 20?) that still doesn't have a store!

iThinkIt

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2012
Florida, USA
Good for Apple and the communities that are getting the new stores.

They probably will have ample stock of iPhones 6 and 6 Plus as well.

Meanwhile, those of us who ordered online in September are still facing the prospects of getting our devices sometime before Thanksgiving.

Just got my shipping notice this AM for the 6+.. placed the order on opening night (waited till very late in the day)... will have it delivered on the 20th.

mdhwoods

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2008
The one in Sarasota is opening up in a brand new mall. This is 10 minutes from my house. At the time this was the only mall in the US being built. Ill be happy to see it open as I am tired of all the news outlets covering this mall. Its grand opening is Thursday. Will be nice to finally have an Apple store close by.

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
They must do a heck of a business from Massachusetts. Aren't there three stores now in southern New Hampshire?

Not Apple owned. Manchester is the second one in the state. To take a phrase from Yogi, Rockingham Park Mall is so crowded nobody goes there anymore.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Not Apple owned. Manchester is the second one in the state. To take a phrase from Yogi, Rockingham Park Mall is so crowded nobody goes there anymore.

Manchester will be the 3rd Apple store in the state (Salem and Nashua).

Both Salem and Nashua are right over the border, so they attract a lot of northern MA people looking to save on paying sales tax.

-Kevin

theatremusician

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2013
Awwww. Missed the Manchester, NH opening by less than a week. I was there for a month working at the Palace Theatre. Just got back to CT yesterday. Oh well, enjoy it, Manchester.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.