Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple folio case quality issue

marina2042

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
I recently purchased the folio case and I noticed that after about 3 weeks of having it, the sides of the flap have curled up. Has anyone experienced this? Is this a normal thing for these cases or is mine defective?

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
I recently purchased the folio case and I noticed that after about 3 weeks of having it, the sides of the flap have curled up. Has anyone experienced this? Is this a normal thing for these cases or is mine defective?
Sadly, these cases are very shoddy for the price. I wouldn’t say that’s unusual, but I’d definitely try to get a replacement ASAP.

Comment

pedregosa

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2010
I have not had that problem. But the plastic ribbing at the bottom of the spine did begin to come off after 4-5 months. However, the Apple Store replaced it today with no argument. Overall, I like the case, even though it is not a bargain. I much preferred it to the Otterbox equivalent I tried out.

Reactions: AJsAWiz
Comment

jonkevin

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2009
Mine is doing the same thing but I think it's due to the thinness of the material and it curls up after constantly being held. To me, it's a small negative that I can deal with due to the many positives the case provides for me.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.