Apple forced me to make the leap...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by surjavarman, Apr 16, 2012.

1. surjavarman, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2012

surjavarman macrumors 6502a

I want to make an announcement that I just bought the HTC One S. I was forced by apple to switch over to android. One year cycle for phones is just dumb and they are stupidly stubborn to keep sticking to that 3.5" screen. Since the launch of the original iphone there hardly has been any innovation at all. They gave me no option and so I had to buy from the competition.

Check out this bad boy next to my old iphone 4.
    [​IMG]

When it comes to speed this thing just blows the iphone out of the water. It is just insane how fast this thing is compared to the iphone. Webbrowsing is superfast. The screen is stunning too. 4.3-4.7" is the new 3.5". Trust me on this the phone isn't even bigger than the iphone. Its even more compact and user-friendly than the iphone because its substantially thinner.

Android has all the apps that I use on my iphone and even all of my favorite games. I am missing nothing at all in the software department. Although android is buggy as hell. I had a few apps crash on me already. I don't if this is a feature or a real bug where I did something wrong. It could also be just my imagination. But its a minor inconvenience. ios used to crash on me all the time too. Theres nothing to worry about. Another annoyance is all the bloatware that comes preinstalled on a brand spanking new phone. Way more than iphone ever has.

Overal I am very happy with my purchase. I don't miss anything on my iphone at all except maybe for the easy syncing but I got that covered too. Android is way more customizable too. That is a PRO and not con

2. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Nice, I have to wait until June for the contract commitment to be fulfilled.

I will be looking for a 4+ inch screen. My fellow jailbreakers have all switched to an android phone and like the os and larger screens

3. Gromov macrumors newbie

Hey man, whatever makes you happy right.

I personally do not dig Android at all, to me it looks like Windows 95, but again personal perception, others might love it. Screen wise if it aint Retina, I'm, keeping my iPhone, true those super amoleds might have rich colors but i'm more of a resolution freak and like to be able to read small texts.

Again, a phone became a very personal gadget now that it's not just a phone but pretty much a universal device so each user has his/her unique set of expectations. Also regarding the screen size, I am of the strong opinion it is 3,5" so that you can use it with one hand, otherwise your thumb might not always reach the further corner.

4. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Y go s when u can go x? I say weak sauce! And u are comparing a recent release phone vs a 2 years old one really? At least get the 4s to compare it. :rolleyes:

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I doubt comparing it to the 4S would help!

Apple needs to step up with the 5 or get stepped on!:p

6. Humptydump macrumors member

Humptydump

Have you

Has it been left in the sun? looks out of proportion. I remember reading recently that HTC sales had slumped and the company losing a fortune, but if your happy what else matters.

7. surjavarman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cause the S has the better CPU, better battery life, thinner, cheaper and its made from aluminum. I am a sucker for design and I hate everything that is plastic. The one S is the better allround device compared to the X

The X only had one thing that I wanted and that was its display. But the S has a decent display too. I love the colors! Ideally I want to combine the colors of AMOLED with the resolution of LCD in a 4.7" form factor.

----------

I don't care how much profit they make as long as the phone is good. And this phone is good its better than the iphone. And android is a refreshing experience. I love how I can customize the homescreen to suit my needs. I got google widget on my homescreen to instantly search website and apps. I use it the exact some way I use spotlight in OS X. I do everything a lot faster and its not just because the speed of the phone itself. 3 buttons is way better than one defective home button like on the iphone. I love the ability to assign tasks for various scenarios too. Like switching off wifi when I am not at home. I wouldn't be able to do that on ios.

I am just happy and I feel enlightened and refreshed.

8. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

"I want to make an announcement" ... who cares?

"I was forced by Apple to switch" ... no, you really weren't.

Go enjoy your new phone but leave the self indulgent, melodramatic threads out eh?

9. b24pgg macrumors 65816

This is my biggest gripe with Android (not technically a fault of Android itself...but every Android phone except the Nexus has uninstallable bloatware these days.) Luckily with root access I have gotten rid of it, but it shouldn't even be included in the first place.

10. Willyb26 macrumors member

Willyb26

11. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

12. ObsidianBlade macrumors regular

13. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Did you forget that you posted a photo of it right next to an iPhone and that you were typing this right under that photo?

14. lexdiamonnyc macrumors member

yep!!!

this thread is nothing more than 'attention whoring'........plain and simple.
    I bet he goes out of his way to introduce all his new girlfriends to the old ones, just so they can know he's doing 'better' now.....:D

15. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

I don't get the fascination with these big a** screens. You look like an idiot when using it as a phone. And since when does a larger screen = innovation? I've never understood how slapping on a 4"+ screen (most likely because LTE requires a bigger battery) equals innovation. :confused:

----------

How is the home button on the iPhone defective?

16. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

Cool story. I really think people these days only look at the screen and go thats the best. I would contact the police to let them know Tim Cook came to your house and put a gun to your head. :rolleyes:

17. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

How is this thread worthy of the iPhone forum? You're just putting a middle finger to the iPhone, not discussing it.

Also, you're new phone is super-ugly. Just sayin.

18. fertilized-egg macrumors 68020

You're comparing a phone that came out in 2010 against one from 2012 equipped with the lastest processor (HTC One S is the first major product to use Qualcomm's Krait architecture) and complaining the one from 2010 feels slower? :eek:

19. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Y doubt? How about this! Lets compare this phone whenever we get the next 2 generations of apple iphone. Then we will see how it will be able to handle it as good as a 2 years old iphone 4 now.

20. WoodNUFC macrumors 6502a

WoodNUFC

I think the HTC looks really nice, but it's all about user experience. I like the bigger screen but 'buggy as hell' really doesn't sound like it's fun to use. I could be wrong since I've never used it, but that doesn't sell it very well.

21. darster Suspended

Take it back! They put the screen on backwards! :p

22. DodgeV83 macrumors 6502a

The iPhone 4S CPU/GPU benchmarks show it to be the fastest phone on the market. Comparing the speed to the older iPhone 4 is a bit silly, it had better be faster than a phone that came out in 2010 :)

Anyway, since I'm a bit interested in your response, can you explain what innovation your new phone contains that no iPhone has?

23. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

You weren't forced to do anything. What a lame thread about a lame topic about a lame situation regarding a lame Android device.

24. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Your own photo shows that it clearly is bigger than the iPhone. Even though it's a bit thinner (8.9mm vs 9.3mm - does 0.4mm really count as "substantial"?) the volume is more (83.6cm3 vs 62.78cm3)
    OK, so it's 7 grammes lighter, but I doubt anyone could tell much of a difference between the weight of the two

25. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

No offense OP but don't you realize we have enough of these "Apple didn't give me what I want so I bought something else and have to tell the world about it so I can justify my purchase" threads?

So you bought another phone, who cares, I hope you enjoy it.