Apple Forum Discussion: Story of a conspiracy!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacGiver, Jul 28, 2010.

1. MacGiver macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

That is a real shame and is not acceptable to me...I sometimes reply, give my thoughts ont the Apple Discussion forum. Since a few days they are obviously very nervous about anyone reporting the antenna issue...
    A Austrialian folk posted a message asking if he should wait to buy given the antenna issue...I posted my answer and it was deleted by Apple!!! Here is the mail i got.
    PS: i am not talking about the antenna issue on that post so please do not start that discussion...i am just referring to Apple being too much conservative and privating forumers freedom of speech!!!

----------------
    Thank you for your interest in Apple products. The Host team, like you, are excited to see what kinds of products Apple will be releasing in the future, however speculation or rumors are against our Apple Discussions Use Agreement. Your recent post, titled "Re: Should I wait?", was speculative in nature and has therefore been removed from Apple Discussions.
    We hope that you enjoy your new purchase (when it happens) and encourage you to keep Apple Discussions in mind if you have any questions regarding your new Apple product.
    Please see the Apple Discussions Use Agreement at http://discussions.apple.com/help.jspa if you have any questions.
    Kind Regards,
    Apple Discussions Staff
    ++++++++++
    This message is sent from a send-only email account. Any replies sent to this address are deleted automatically by the system.
    ----------
    A copy of your message for reference:
    I have heard and read...and again it is pure speculation and rumor that iPhone 4 with a built week starting 27 have a fixed antenna issue...meaning they have added a coating on the bottom left corner where the 2 antenna meet. Some report not having the antenna issue anymore? is that pure speculation and placebo effect? I can't tell...
    I am in Paris and have a week 26 IP4...i never had the reception issue but it is difficult to gauge in Paris as the network here is very strong and i heard the issue with antenna reception would only occur in lower repcetions area...

2. diabolic macrumors 68000

Think about this. If there have been no hardware changes at all, any discussion about which weeks are different or has better built phones would be considered false information or at best just speculation. I don't think there is anything going on other than that by the looks of your post.

3. MacGiver thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

Not sure I got your point? Are you saying Apple was right removing my post just because of what I said??? Or are you saying there is something going on with Apple and possible HW change otherwise they would not remove my post???

4. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

There is no hardware change. They removed your post because it is untrue and nothing but baseless speculation.

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

I'm not sure I see the issue here. It's Apple's Support forum intended for user-to-user support. They're well within their rights to moderate posts which do not conform to the Use Agreement.

6. aliensporebomb macrumors 68000

aliensporebomb

Thinking

Speculation doesn't equal truth.

They deleted it because there is no basis in fact.

Even if what you say is the truth it is not ready yet and you can't cannabalize
    sales based on what might come out tomorrow, two weeks or two years from now.

This is how business works.

7. MacGiver thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

Don't we have the right to speculate and expose our views on a user-to-user forum, even an Apple one? This is just insane to me...they should simply shut down their forum...doing that they look like I they are aknowledging a problem....and I mentionned what I say is speculation...plus I have went their way saying I do not have the issue...they should be happy about it.
    Apple is simply not transparent enough which one day will cause their downfall...

8. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

The unfortunate truth is that they are Apple's Discussion Boards, for which they have pretty specific rules of engagement and the right to delete anything they see fit. Same goes for any forum on the ol' internet.

9. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

No, Apple owns/administers the forum and can remove/add/edit anything they want. Freedom of speech has nothing to do with it since it is a private forum (just like this one and almost any other forum). If you don't like the way Apple administers their forum you have the right to go elsewhere.

10. illutionz macrumors 65816

My iPhone 4 is build week 29 and it has the antenna problem.... :rolleyes:

11. MacGiver thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

I know this...and this is not what I am asking...I was just interested to know if others would have been surprised to see such a post removed...it is not like I did stand and tell what I say is the truth and Apple has an issue, etc...I explicitely mentioned it was speculation...but well...who cares...I will stop posting on that forum...Apple transparency and obstination not to disclose the truth is amazing...like when Jobs announced the soon release of the white iP4 and 48h later it is delayed to Dec...do not tell me Jobs did not know it upfront during the press conf...

12. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

No, because it is a support forum and not a (Mac)Rumors or open discussion forum. If you want to speculate do it here but Apple's not going to allow that on their forum. Why is this hard to understand?:confused:

13. hoffmant macrumors member

Let me get this straight:

1. "speculation or rumors are against our Apple Discussions Use Agreement"
    2. In your post, you clearly stated that everything you wrote was "pure speculation and rumor"
    3. They removed your post as per their forum rules (which, I'm guessing, you had to agree to when you created a user profile/account there)

Where exactly is the problem?

14. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

No one deletes similar speculation posts here because it is called MAC RUMORS (although they do combine them all, thankfully). I, like the poster above, don't understand why this is so difficult to understand.

15. aliensporebomb macrumors 68000

aliensporebomb

Eh...

My iPhone is week 27 and has an issue with the proximity sensor but not the vaunted antenna issue. I've posted the youtube video I did about it before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ7O7m6Q6oU

I still need to do an update using the other hand but try and pry my wifes out
    of her hands so I can film it, it's not very possible.

16. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

"...Stay on topic. Apple Discussions is here to help people use Apple products and technologies more effectively. Unless otherwise noted, do not add Submissions about nontechnical topics, including:
    Speculations or rumors about unannounced products.
    Discussions of Apple policies or procedures or speculation on Apple decisions
    ...."

17. mstrze macrumors 68000

Heck, even the original question on whether or not to buy based on any issue a person might have is an iffy question on a board that is there to help users of Apple products with problems they are currently own.

MR is a perfect place for such, Apple Discussion Forum...no.

If I am having issues with my AppleTV dropping from my network...I'll ask the question on the Apple boards.

If I am wondering whether or not to buy an AppleTV based on hearing that users are dropping from their home networks...I'll ask that question here because it does not fit in the spirit or intention of the Apple boards.

18. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Many forums do not allow speculation and rumors. It is not considered at all productive. They exist to discuss the facts. Far fewer arguments and more real substance. Of course in a rumors forum almost anything goes...... :eek:

19. deeddawg macrumors 604

It's Apple's sandbox. They get to make the rules of what games are allowed to be played in their sandbox; it's their private property and thus they can control what happens there. Anyone wanting to play different games is completely free to go to some other sandbox.

What's so difficult to understand about this concept?

20. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

This is the official discussion forum of Apple. Not Macrumors or 4chan.

They have very strict rules, just follow them. It has nothing to do with "free speech".

Gosh, the whining is unbelievable!

21. diabolic macrumors 68000

I'm saying speculation and rumors are against their forum policy.

Also, if there have been no hardware changes, then your post is speculating about something that is simply not true. Either way, they are right.

22. MacGiver thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacGiver

OK OK guys...got your points...make sense...
    Apple should then have deleted the whole thread...I am just pointing out to their inconsistency...why deleting my post only while the original poster question was about a rumor..the antenna gate and should he buy the phone or not.

OK thanks for the answers...we can all quit that thread and get back to more serious MacRumors!
    X

23. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

what did you prove with that video? you held it with the wrong hand and only held it for 2 seconds!

24. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

This message contains several grammar and punctuation errors that make me question the authenticity of the claimed source. We all make typos and other errors, but professional correspondences usually undergo a proof process that ensures that they meet contemporary language standards. I'm not challenging the credibility of the OP, although I am questoning whether the message was generated by a credible, Apple authorized entity.

25. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Why is this such a big deal? They deleted a post they didn't like. Is it the end of the world? No! Move on and stop crying.