Apple gave me a locked iphone?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by corruptfate, Nov 14, 2011.

1. corruptfate macrumors newbie

Hey guys

I bought an iphone from the apple store last wednesday and I reserved an unlocked one in canada, when I went to buy it though, apple asked me what carrier I want to use and then went to the back to get me an iphone and a simcard. Then he took me to a setup where the person went into my rogers account to transfer everything and phone number. After that he told me the iphone could not be returned after 30 minutes of talk time with rogers, but I thought since it was unlocked, it wouldn't apply? Is there any way of knowing without trying another sim if my iphone is unlocked or not? If they gave me the wrong one, will they be able to change it for me and change it on my rogers account? The weird thing was, I went with my brother the next day to buy his outright and the sales told us that they could not activate it there since they don't do that anymore, and also a simcard did not show up on his reciept even though it did on mine.

Thanks

2. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Are you sure it is locked? If so bring it back to Apple ASAP and have them check. If they say it is unlocked ask to see the information- they shoudl show you the screen.

3. corruptfate thread starter macrumors newbie

The apple store isn't very accesible for me, since it's a 20-30 minute drive and I'm only 17 so I can't drive, is there any other way of checking? maybe per serial number?

4. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Did you get it subsidized with Rogers? If so, it'll be locked even though you bought it at the Apple store.

If you paid full price, you definitely should have double-checked whether it's unlocked or not at the Apple store.

5. corruptfate thread starter macrumors newbie

No i didn't get it subsidized, would they be able to tell me over the phone?

6. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee