Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hamza5743

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2015
when the iPhone 6 plus came out i bought it from a person which was locked to bell and i got it unlocked from a website after a couple of months my phone wasn't charging and i got it replaced from the genus bar and they gave me a phone locked to bell but when i put my rogers sim in it worked and later when i travelled abroad the phone was locked to bell but worked with rogers coz when you get a locked phone in canada the first sim you put in it gets locked to that network so practically the phone is locked to rogers and bell. i called apple and they said to bring the phone back which i can't coz i am abroad and there is no apple store here. i contacted apple and they said we talked to bell and rogers they both can't unlock it for some reason. what should i do in this case. apple has done the stupidest mistake ever of giving me a locked phone. should i pay again and get it unlocked or should insist apple to fix this problem. has anyone else had this problem

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
when the iPhone 6 plus came out i bought it from a person which was locked to bell and i got it unlocked from a website after a couple of months my phone wasn't charging and i got it replaced from the genus bar and they gave me a phone locked to bell but when i put my rogers sim in it worked and later when i travelled abroad the phone was locked to bell but worked with rogers coz when you get a locked phone in canada the first sim you put in it gets locked to that network so practically the phone is locked to rogers and bell. i called apple and they said to bring the phone back which i can't coz i am abroad and there is no apple store here. i contacted apple and they said we talked to bell and rogers they both can't unlock it for some reason. what should i do in this case. apple has done the stupidest mistake ever of giving me a locked phone. should i pay again and get it unlocked or should insist apple to fix this problem. has anyone else had this problem
You could first start by re-posting using proper sentence structures, spelling, punctuation and grammar. And use paragraphs.

EdgardasB

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2014
Lithuania
Lol, You bought locked iPhone and you unlocked by not legal website. Apple gave you phone which you had to get. They give 1:1 as previous...
It is your problem, not anyone else...

Reactions: eyoungren and ABC5S

lakaiordie

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2008
Apple made no mistake. You bought a phone that was locked to a carrier. They replaced it with the same thing. Just because you got it unlocked yourself makes no difference to Apple. They replace it with the exact same phone that was bought at time of original purchase. A phone locked to a certain carrier. You'll have to go unlock it again. Apple is not going to do anything for you. It's not their problem, its yours.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Apple made no mistake. You bought a phone that was locked to a carrier. They replaced it with the same thing. Just because you got it unlocked yourself makes no difference to Apple. They replace it with the exact same phone that was bought at time of original purchase. A phone locked to a certain carrier. You'll have to go unlock it again. Apple is not going to do anything for you. It's not their problem, its yours.

To the op, I think this is the correct answer. Apple gave you the exact same thing you had...they(apple) don't care you spent your hard-earned $$$ unlocking the phone.

Reactions: ABC5S

ATS

macrumors regular
May 7, 2015
North Carolina
This is a prime example of someone subscribing to an external locus of control when in reality the individual, which in this case is the OP, has no one to blame but himself. It seems more common now than ever before that people want to place blame on others due to not being proactive and thinking a situation through before acting on it.

Reactions: ABC5S and eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
This is a prime example of someone subscribing to an external locus of control when in reality the individual, which in this case is the OP, has no one to blame but himself. It seems more common now than ever before that people want to place blame on others due to not being proactive and thinking a situation through before acting on it.
No one thinks any more…that's what money and abusing customer service and it's programs is for. :(

Reactions: ABC5S and ATS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.