Apple has dropped the ball

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jeans89, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Jeans89 macrumors regular

How many weeks Apple is going to offer only iPhone 4S to several billions potential customers? That is two years old model. And since they discontinued selling iPhone 5 they are selling only a two year old model in over 100 countries.

2. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

They can't even fill orders in the countries they launched in. They wouldn't be able to launch in Finland right now.

3. Jeans89 thread starter macrumors regular

But then they shouldn't have discontinued to sell iPhone 5's.

4. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

apple is like cartman..."whatever, i do wut i want"... LMAO

5. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

They did say they would launch in 100 countries by December, so Finland should have the 5s before year end.

6. Jeans89 thread starter macrumors regular

"Yeah, because you are a redneck and don't live in California, you just have to buy an iPhone 4S. It has Siri and everything." :(

7. justiny macrumors 6502

justiny

I really don't understand what you want from us.

8. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Guess I'm a bit confused what the OP's issues is. If you don't want the 4s don't buy it..... am I missing something?

9. MonstaMash, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013

MonstaMash macrumors regular

MonstaMash

5c is your answer here. You are complaining that all they carry is the two year old 4S, but everywhere has adequate stock of the 5c, so your argument is invalid.

Also, many stores are slowly getting daily shipments of the 5s. Is it their fault for greatly exceeding analyst expectations and doubling sales of their previous models? Would you rather see no lineups?

10. UBS28 macrumors 6502a

I think the OP is pointing out that the only phone Apple is selling in some countries is the iPhone 4S due to limited supplies. Which is kinda silly.

11. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

I think he feels "Apple has dropped the ball" by doing exactly as they said they were going to do when they announced the 5s/5c.

I suppose his frustration at not being in a launch country has caused the annoyance, and not that Apple have actually done anything other than what they said they would :confused:.

12. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Entitlement does not rule when looking for Apple products. You will have to wait. :p

13. Nermal, Oct 5, 2013

Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

The NZ (and presumably Finnish) Apple Store does not have, and never had, any 5c stock. Unlike the last two launches, Apple hasn't even announced a date to expect them yet.

Although you can buy them from resellers, they're at a premium.

14. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

It's pretty amusing that they haven't yet announced the date of release for the second wave countries.
    In the first days after the launch in the first wave, most physical Apple Store sold the iPhone 5 at a discounted price - till the end of their stock, presumably.

Now the 4S 8GB is the only offered option.
    Apple are still boasting their "new iPhone 5" in their website. It's ridiculous.
    The iPhone 5 was brought to the second wave a week after the first roll out.

Carriers have been announcing customers they'd probably get the new iPhones "soon". Rumors point now at an October 18th release date, if all goes as planned. Is it too much asking for a release date, Apple? :rolleyes:

15. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Apple have never said anything more than "In December more than 100 countries will have the new iPhone".

So no ball to drop yet, unless they don't release to at least 100 countries by the end of December :rolleyes:.

Also, Finland isn't in the rumoured Oct 18 second wave countries anyway (Countries mentioned so far are Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Norway, Sweden).

16. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Source for that?

17. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

18. AFDoc, Oct 5, 2013

AFDoc macrumors 68030

What's so silly about it? They have limited availability so the more important Countries get the phone. More important has to do with the $$ I would assume. Sorry but the 5,400,000 people in Finland will just have to 1. Become a bigger cash cow for apple 2. increase it's population to at least compete with NYC.

I guess we could pull all the phones in New York and send them to Finland but why would apple do that? THAT would be the silly thing to do.

I know apple should of put out a survey to all the small market countries and asked their opinion but alas apple has tons of money and probably doesn't care what the 5.4 million people in Finland want. (when making business decisions)

PLUS if apple opened it up to all countries off the bat how would I get $1300 for my 64g gold 5s? Gotta have a grey market mark-up some how ;)

19. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

There is no mention of October 18th in that report.
    Carriers in New Zealand, Italy, Portugal and other mainly european countries have been hinting through official and unofficial ways that new iPhones would be coming soon, too.
    That article is also fairly old, having been published on September 12th.

20. Jeans89 thread starter macrumors regular

So my problem is very simple. I broked my iPhone 5. In Finland and same goes in over 100 countries, Apple sells currently only iPhone 4S. I can't buy 5C, or 5S and not even 5, because Apple has disconnected to sell 5 and not started to sell 5C or 5S. They offer ONLY 4S.

21. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Are you aware of the past two iPhone releases? :rolleyes: Apparently, you prefer to weigh more a banal idea, more than history.
    It is a silly move, since virtually no one would end up buying an iPhone 4S 8GB. The iPhone 5 would have a market, and if offered at a discounted price, it would make sense to me.

22. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

It's a pity they couldn't have replaced the iPhone 5 with the 5C in the countries not on the early launch schedule. There doesn't seem to be supply problems with the 5C and it would at least offer a better alternative to the 4S while these countries wait for the official launch of the 5S.

23. AFDoc macrumors 68030

They most likely stopped selling it because they stopped producing it. If they have none to sell they have none. Sucks you can't get what you want.... There is always ebay.

24. Jeans89 thread starter macrumors regular

It is not just Finland. In the majority of the world Apple is just now selling only iPhone 4S. This is the first launch where they disconnected selling the second newest model. Due to that they are offering to 4 billion people only 4S. I think that has not been a good business decision by Apple. That is why I think they have dropped the ball.

25. AFDoc macrumors 68030

I guess they think their billion dollars in the bank tells them a different theory of good business sense. Like I said, if they released it to all the world, I wouldn't be able to get an insane mark-up for my 5s.... got an extra 64 grey laying around the house......Maybe that needs to go up on the bay.... I didn't know SO many countries didn't have it yet.

Gonna parlay my extreme mark-up on my iPhones into an extreme markup on a few Xbox Ones...... Just hoping they are in short supply as well. Gotta love how fools feel it's important to pay triple for some thing simply because they want it now!