Apple iCloud mail aliasses on macOS

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by macpeterr, Feb 24, 2018.

1. macpeterr macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am currently switching from Kerio Connect (locally hosted on a Synology) to Apple iCloud.
    Here i ran in one unexpected issue, maybe easy to solve, maybe not (possible)
    My wife has several other domains e.g. @b.com, @c.com for which the mails are forwarded to her iCloud e-mail address. Now on macOS i want to set the e-mail aliases for the other domains, something which can be done without any issues on other IMAP mailservers. Only for iCloud the option seems to be greyed out.
    When setting aliases, i am forwarded to icloud.com and only have the option to select iCloud.com addresses.
    Is there any workaround tos set in mail on MacOS mail aliases for other domains ?

Cheers,
    Peter

2. posguy99 macrumors 6502a

Mail.app on macOS and iOS understands aliases just fine. iCloud does not, as far as I know, support aliases. Further, aliases have zero to do with IMAP, and everything to do with SMTP.

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Nope... you will be limited to the iCloud domain aliases.

4. posguy99 macrumors 6502a

Well, that's true but not complete. You can set up all sorts of aliases, just not against the iCloud SMTPd.

5. macpeterr thread starter macrumors newbie

hmmm.. seems that it is not possible on icloud.com and on our older machines running sierra. But on High Sierra i can.