Apple ID blues leave bad taste in mouth for MAS

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kylera, Apr 7, 2012.

1. kylera macrumors 65816

kylera

About a week ago, I suddenly found out that my Apple ID was disabled (no mention of security). There was also no hint of fraudulent purchases. I already contacted Apple's support but am still in limbo, likely due to Easter, but this really has left me feeling sour. I cannot update any of my IOS apps, nor can I redownload my purchased apps.

I don't know whether I want to continue using the Mac App Store again, while I will have to continue using the iTunes store for my iPad.

How are other people's experiences with fixing this issue?

2. LaWally macrumors 6502a

3. kylera thread starter macrumors 65816

kylera

Did it three times to no avail.

4. LaWally macrumors 6502a

Sorry to hear that. I did a quick search through the forums here and another on the internet. Found nothing else that could help you.

Hope you get a resolution from Apple support soon. Be sure to post the solution so others may benefit.

5. kylera thread starter macrumors 65816

kylera

Thanks for your support. I can't wait for Easter to get by so I hear back from Apple.

6. leiren7 macrumors newbie

7. kylera thread starter macrumors 65816

kylera

Wish my issue was resolved as easily.

Just twelve more hours, give or take.

8. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

Happened to me too. They got it sorted when I called them up. Turns out I had created an iChat ID ages ago that was the same as my @me.com address. I think it did take them a few days to get it all worked out.

9. kylera thread starter macrumors 65816

kylera

Apple replied

So Apple replied after a while, and it turns out that, simply put, I've been had, and part (or most) of it is my fault.

A day or two prior to having my account disabled, I bought some iTunes Gift Cards from another person online. Being in Korea, if I want to access the US app stores, I need a US-based credit card, which I do not have, so I bought and redeemed gift cards. I should have asked him for card scans, but he gave me the codes in text form instead.

Apple's latest mail said:

Which means that the seller who sold me the cards got the cards the wrong way.

I've replied back offering the email transaction I had with the seller as my (very very weak, even from my POV) evidence, hoping that someone up there may have a change of heart. However, I won't hold it against Apple if they decide to indefinitely suspend my account. I'll just have to bid all of my apps bye-bye...

Please save your criticisms and flames towards me. I'm already kicking myself over my stupid decision and its repercussions.

And let this be a warning story to others who purchase gift cards. BUY FROM LEGITIMATE SOURCES!