Apple iPhone 4 help needed please! I have an iphone 4 that one of my siblings threw o

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by williamo13, May 30, 2014.

1. williamo13 macrumors newbie

I have an iphone 4 that one of my siblings threw on the ground very hard and it made a big thump it was in an otter box defender. well the screen was on when she threw it, so i picked it up and the device shut down so I held the power button nothing happened so i plugged it in to a wall charger and it turns on. i thought yay but then the apple logo just went on and off so i put it in DFU mode and recovery mode and it wouldn't restore. so its just stuck unusable. i would take out the battery but i gave my friend the screwdriver for his phone, that wont work. also its weird because it will only turn on if its plugged into a computer or a wall charger. PLEASE help ,y with this i need my phone. any help appreciated thanks!

2. Chris7811 macrumors newbie

I have fixed many iphones

this seems to be that the battery has a ripped cable

3. williamo13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well i did just replace the battery a month ago and it worked fine and i can get it in to DFU mode and recovery mode.

4. williamo13 thread starter macrumors newbie

So do you think if i put in a new battery it will boot up right again because i still have my old battery and it works fine

5. magilla macrumors regular

Just out of curiosity, "...i still have my old battery and it works fine." then why did you replace it?:confused: