Apple iPhone 5s return policy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macno0b, Oct 9, 2013.

1. macno0b macrumors newbie

I bought the 32gb full price device only Att iPhone 5s at Apple Store. The rep told me I only have 14 days to return the phone but I read online that it is 30 days return policy. So is it 14 days or 30 days? I got the white one while waiting for the gold one to come in stock.

Also, I used my brother's credit card to purchase the phone and gave him cash because he wanted to meet spending limit for his credit card bonus sign up. If I find one gold 5s at the store can I do an exchange instead of a refund and repurchase?

Thanks

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I really hate people who sit around buying a phone they don't really want so they can have it the first day knowing they'll return it. You make it impossible for someone to get what they really want when you do that just because you're impatient.

You have 30 days.

What is even better is this is posted on Apple's own website and it took me less than 1 minute to get to it. They really do make life easier.
    http://store.apple.com/us/help/returns_refund

3. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

I did this yesterday lol. I had a silver and had a store hold me a gold one for 24 hrs. They asked me for the card I used to purchase the silver one and then exchanged it for my gold. I added AppleCare+ too.

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I wish I can give you more than +1

5. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Lol that sounds sooooo wrong:D

6. mknlb50 macrumors newbie

If you buy an iPhone on their website with an in-store pick up option, would you have to return it by shipping it back to Apple or will you be allowed to just return it to any Apple store?

"Note: An iPhone purchased on the Apple Online Store is ineligible for return to an Apple Retail Store."

7. D3TSURA macrumors member

Also, it seems like this gets asked at least once a day.

8. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

If purchased for in-store pick-up, it can be returned in store. If purchased for home delivery, it must be shipped back to Apple.

9. mknlb50 macrumors newbie

Good to know, thanks!

10. bwsteg macrumors 6502

It depends on apple store. One store would not process a return on an online order while another store did it for me without issues.

11. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Some have had good luck in returning the online order to a physical store while others could not. Even the Apple rep told me to take it to the store instead of returning it by mail as I received it but I returned it via USPS. It can go either way for some unknown reason.

12. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

You entered into a legally binding contract the instant you purchased the phone. It's yours now.

13. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

I suspect the confusion comes from the fact that, despite what the website says (in fact, the OP actually posted this before you), Apple employees are telling people that they only have 14 days and not explaining that this is the carrier's return policy.

In short, no need to be an a**, it was a legit question.

14. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

Anyone buy a gold and want to return it or exchange it? I just purchased a gold mainly because of the hype but it really isn't appealing to me at all and I want to get a silver or space gray.

15. CBSubliminal macrumors 6502

CBSubliminal

People can do whatever they want with their phones. Apples policy is 30
    Day return no questions asked. Who cares if they return it to swap out for another color. People are entitled to do whatever they want.

16. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

:eek::eek::eek:

17. maffiaavc macrumors newbie

They asked me for the card I used to purchase the silver one and then exchanged it for my gold.[​IMG]

18. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Relax turbo. Apple is very clear about the return policy. If there is a rep out there telling him otherwise, then the written return policy will prevail. No need to call people names to feel big. :rolleyes:

19. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

^This. My local Apple store would not process my in store pick up order. I had to send it back to Apple.

20. Oasismad macrumors newbie

It's quite selfish that people buy phones they don't want just because they have no self control and Can't wait for the colour they actually want. Just be thankful Apple allow you to exchange them.

21. gCloud macrumors 6502a

I think if u don't have the card u used to purchase, u can ask the apple store person to refund into a store gift card and then use the gift card to purchase the new one.

22. macno0b thread starter macrumors newbie

My return period is about to run out yet still cant find a gold 32gb in Chicago stores. Can I return the silver one and request for Apple store credit instead of refund back to the card then use that credit to buy online?

Or exchange for another one (any color) to renew the 30 days return period and wait to get the gold one?

23. CJLevinsk22 macrumors member

CJLevinsk22

24. macno0b thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the link. Im not worried about the 14 days return policy of the carriers because I buy the phone full price and unlocked to use with Tmobile prepaid. I will go to the Apple store today to see what my options are.

25. VinoGrande macrumors member

Probably should have waited until you could actually get the phone you wanted. Your situation would be a lot easier.