Apple Iphone Out of Warrenty Prices

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bobbyroller, Jul 23, 2010.

1. bobbyroller macrumors member

I have a jail broken 2g iphone that has severe water damage and I was wondering how willingly is apple of replacing out of warranty phones? How much will it cost? Also the phone is not activated with AT@T and it has visible signs that it was opened.:apple:

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You'll have an easier time buying a new phone.

3. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

they will charge you $199 but you can buy a 3gs for $99 if you can upgrade.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I doubt they'll even let him use the out of warranty replacement, since it has visible indications it's been opened.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They will still let him get it for the $200 even if its been opened.
    Some guy ran it over with his car and they did for the out of warranty price:D

6. bobbyroller thread starter macrumors member

Since this phone was only hackavated and never activated with AT@T, will they give me crap about that when they look up the phone in their computer?

Also, the warranty replacement phones are $200? I thought they would be at least $100 because that is the price of buying the phone.

Since my phone displays no sign of life except it gets very hot when plugged in, I did not get a chance to erace my jailbreak data suck as cracked apps and the like...do you think Apple will notice or say anything?

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They shouldnt give you any problems.
    But the price has always been $200 for an out of warranty replacement.
    The price that you buy the phone with a 2 year contract and the full price has nothing to do with the out of warranty price. If you sign an agreement you can get a 3GS for $99 but buy it full price and you're paying $500.
    You can probably get a 3G models on ebay for around that price in good shape.

8. bobbyroller thread starter macrumors member

Thankyou

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

This is dependent on the Genius though.

I convinced a Genius to give a female (only mentioned, because that might have helped) customer the OOW price, when her phone was in two pieces, since you could hold the pieces together and it looked like a phone. :D

He also didn't even mention there was an OOW price. He did that to another customer while I was there. I'm sure he was glad to see me go.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I agree, you gotta hope for a nice Apple rep also.