Apple is about to have a ton of Refurbished MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sloppygti, May 27, 2019.

1. Sloppygti macrumors newbie

Im sure as most have noticed the amount of people who are returning their 2018 models for the 2019. so it obviously seems like they will have a ton of 2018 refurbished MBP coming up.

I know for me it was more then just having the "newest" so when I was browsing around on the fourms yesterday and noticed the amount of people returning theirs I had to know why, as we all know apple fixed the keyboard which I do notice is different, snazzy labs posted up a video of his 4k dollar MacBook Pro and he was noticing the track pad was either broken or faulty but I tried exactly what he did and couldn't notice any type of significant rattle I think he just had a faulty one honestly. Supposedly they fixed the stagelight issue, im not a heavy user on this machine yet so I just opted for the "base model" 15in. so the cooling and performance issues haven't been a thing for me.

what are other peoples experiences on trading in their 2018 for the 2019, does anyone else have track pad issues, notice a change in the keyboard? let discuss

2. chabig macrumors 603

I don’t believe any significant number of people are willing to pay hundreds of dollars to upgrade from 2018 models to 2019 models. But if they do, and it results in refurbs for the rest of us—great!

3. Sloppygti thread starter macrumors newbie

for me it was just a straight swap I didn't spend any more money to do it .

I did buy mine on the 15th of the month so I was still within that window

4. chabig macrumors 603

You can only do that within two weeks of purchase. That’s not a significant number of people.

5. Sloppygti thread starter macrumors newbie

most cases I came across people where able to do it within 30 days, actually just saw a post on here this morning where a guy returned his after two weeks , reddit was a busy bee yesterday with people doing it, most within 30 days as well, apple guy even told me that they where honoring returns for the 2019 models up to 30 days,

6. William Payne macrumors 6502a

I was thinking about it as I am still within the return window but honestly. What am I really going to gain? I posted in the benchmark thread my results that I found with photoshop which is my main software I use. I also don't plan on having my MacBook Pro as my main machine long term. It will eventually become a dedicated location/travel machine when I get an iMac down the line. I just chose to get the MacBook Pro first as I needed to be portable.

7. Sloppygti thread starter macrumors newbie

I for one didn't have any real desire to go to the apple store and return mine but being within the window and not having to spend any more money I figured why not. they did claim they fixed these issues so they understood why people where returning theirs, and for them to allow returns up to 30 days i guess just sorta shows that they are aware of these small fixes.

maybe you should return it can't hurt if your within the window

8. William Payne macrumors 6502a

My issue is I don't have access to an apple store so would have to send it to them and also would have to wait on the refund than wait the few weeks to receive another laptop as mine would be a custom order as I went with the max ram and top gpu.

9. Sloppygti thread starter macrumors newbie

ah yes that would be a rather good reason not to go through with it. ‍♂️