Resolved Apple is awfully quiet

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ray6712, Sep 3, 2012.

1. ray6712 macrumors regular

ray6712

Looking at all these leaks around I must say Apple is awfully quiet about it all. I read earlier about an iPhone mockup at IFA I mean come on I don't know if these mockups are true or not but I would think if someone was close to getting it right Apple would have responded in some kind of way by now

2. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

Tim made this announcement earlier today

Attached Files:

3. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Apple can afford to be quiet. Everyone else is going the Hyping for them.

4. dkersten macrumors 6502a

Thats possible but I think Apple learned their lesson with the iPhone 4 prototype in the fact that because they made a big deal out of it many headlines were generated and many people knew the next iPhone was to look very, very similar. But because Apple has made no response, at least people are wavering on this is probably the next iPhone but there is a slim chance it is not. This way there is always a little doubt in the back of your mind, however small it is.

5. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Compared to last year, where everyone assumed there would be an iPhone 5, but all the leaks were about some "mid-level" iPhone which would sell under the iPhone 5. When all was said and done, the 4S was all we got, so the rumors were right.

It's obviously not as much of a dead giveaway as the iPhone 4 Apple lost, but these updates sound pretty conclusive.

6. batting1000 macrumors 604

They have no reason to say anything.

7. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

By staying quiet, Apple ENCOURAGES the rumor sites to generate more talk and buzz.

Apple can ultimately say more by saying nothing than most companies can say by opening their mouths! :)

Mark

8. ray6712 thread starter macrumors regular

ray6712

9. ray6712 thread starter macrumors regular

ray6712

it makes perfect sense disguise it to look the same while testing the internals out at the same time of course the dimensions would probably be similar but it could look drastically different

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its allways very quiet before the big boom.
    The new iphone announcement:D

11. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Apple has gotten much more quiet on these things in recent years. Even when Gizmodo got an iPhone 4 prototype the article was never pulled down. The only dispute Apple had was that the phone was their property and needed to be returned.