Apple is boring me!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by d0vr, Apr 7, 2012.

1. d0vr macrumors 6502a

I miss sitting up at 2am in the morning 0800+ time and watching an Apple keynote followed by staying up all night out of excitement and wanting to talk about it. I'm a little over the evolutionary updates such as the iPhone 4S and iPad 3 and even with their computer products... Don't get me wrong, they're good, solid products, but they're all missing the WOW factor.

Anyway, I want you to post some conceptual Apple products you like.

Here's a recent mockup for "The New iPhone" that I've fallen in love with, which means I'm probably going to be disappointed by the actual release, but oh well, we can hope: http://www.adr-studio.it/site/?p=389

What I like a lot about it is that the iOS UI has been updated (it would be about time), but it's a very natural update. Not like the awkward addition of the denim texture for example.

I also like the stereo speakers, slim dock connector, headphone jack positioning, liquid metal, sim-less-ness, fun and quirky edge LED colours (if it was done right by Apple) and the three screens - could be fun with games using them... Not so sure on the big bump down the middle.

So wow me people! Show the world what you've fallen in love with and maybe Apple will join in. I'll try and start a poll with links later based on some of the concepts shown...

2. TjeuV macrumors 6502

But what do you expect they bring out then? A few years ago there was much more space to fill up with, for then, revolutionary products. People tend to say that the new iPad ain't much of that big a deal but a screen like that in such small casing with a dual-core processor and quad-core graphical processor is purely amazing to me ...

3. William.Mantle macrumors 6502

Apple is not here for your personal entertainment.

Honestly, some people!

4. DroidRules macrumors 65816

LoL, really? You're tired of apple so you want the people of MR to entertain you? Really? Good luck on your quest to be "wowed".

It seems like you should be moving on to another product as iPhone isn't pumping you up any more.

5. zmbchclt macrumors newbie

I'm sorry, but that concept is awful. It's very Sony, and as for the home button, well...

iOS won't change massively, give a take a few tweaks and adjustments obviously. Goes with the old saying, of it's not broke don't fix it. Just adding to it if you will.

6. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

7. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I get bored with Apple iOS and their hardware, too. I have tried them all and there are a lot more features out there on other devices and I changed all the time.

In the end it became a pain in the butt trying to keep my Apple, Android and RIM devices synced together so I got lazy and am sticking with the iPhone 4s for now.

I am still bored and always look forward to that WOW feeling that the 4S did not deliver on. I will get the new Nokia 900 with Windows Mango just to play for entertainment. Good thing it will use the same size sim cards so a phone call to AT&T will not be required to check it out.

8. kilj0y macrumors member

I am just waiting for the new iPhone to go LTE so I can swap sim cards between that and my Nexus or whatever flavor of the month phone I feel like using. I am also considering trying out the new galaxy tab so ill have an iphone/ipad combo and a nexus/tab combo so depending on my Gemini feelings I can be set for any situation.

9. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Neither are we. If the OP is bored then the OP should take the initiative and deal with it rather than expect people to act like the OP's dancing monkey.

10. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

Just watch a few old movies made in the 70's. See how people used to live, not long ago.

Pay phones, rolodexes, large box TV that takes up half your room, Atari, transistor radio for music in your pocket, writing a letter and waiting a week for a reply. Then think of the awesome magical iPhone. ;)

11. macingman, Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012

macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

I must admit I too now have lost a bit of interest in Apple. I used to get this amazing adrenaline rush type feeling every time I opened the box of a new Apple product and sometimes even used to have dreams of getting the next iPhone/iPad/iPod, whatever was all the rage at the time. Now when I got my iPad 3 I didn't get such as much of that exciting feeling I was happy to upgrade and thought the new screen, which let's face it was the only real update aside from a camera I hardly use, but I still am losing interest in the products and now like tinkering around with other PCs. And I think my next device would be Android also.

I don't want to be one of these Apple dooms-day predictors but I must say, Apple was just a trend and eventually it will pass and it slowly is passing. Of course with their billions of dollars they would stick around for a while however 10-15 years from now I imagine them losing out to Android like they did back in the 70's with PC VS. Mac.

Just my thoughts based on what I have been experiencing and seeing. I will however continue to enjoy Apple products but perhaps on a lesser scale and be less fanatic about Apple.

This could be the first circa anti-apple thing I have ever written on the internet. Long post I know, sorry. Cudos to you if you read this far.

----------

keep dreaming.

----------

I don't think that's what the OP asked...infact I can't really understand their question/thread topic from reading the OP.

Oh and quite frankly that mockup is TERRIBLE.

12. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

That mockup looks like a mashup of HTC, Sony Ericsson, Android and iOS. Not simplistic enough for Jony Ive that's for sure.

13. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

I beg to differ. Our entertainment is a very large factor in Apple's sales. The iDevice range is now the most common portable gaming device out there (I believe it outstrips consoles as well). Our entertainment is a HUGE part of the incredible success of Apple's portable devices.

So, yes, Apple is here, in part, for our entertainment. Not entirely (we obviously get a lot of work done on our iPhones as well), but definitely in part.

Err... same number of buttons as the current iPhone. Power, volume up/down, and silent switch. Do you think the current iPhone also has too many buttons?

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. There are lots of choices and it sounds like you should seek something else, OP.

15. saberahul macrumors 68040

Still waiting for Apple to release an iPad that can be folded and placed in my wallet...

16. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I don't understand the brand loyalty amongst the bored people. If you are that upset about it there are a ton of other gadgets out there. If a brand isn't doing you justice, it's ok to switch. Apple creates the devices with a few customer types in mind- but they don't really cater to people who are hungry for next gen tech at all times. I love my iPhone and it does all I need it to do but I know there are more technologically advanced phones out there.

17. JAT macrumors 603

Ritalin.

It's not just for 5 year olds, anymore.

18. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Sorry but that concept of the new iPhone is ugly

19. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I honestly don't like this mock up concept of the next iteration iphone at all, especially the back. It is ugly. I also don't like the curvature on the bottom of the device as well.

I honestly like the current form factor of the iphone.

20. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Overall I like Apple's hardware though the screen size is dating the phone. I find the iOS boring.

21. William.Mantle macrumors 6502

When you learn to structure a sentence properly i will engage you in conversation

22. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Remember, not everyone here speaks English natively.

23. William.Mantle macrumors 6502

Remember.. Not all of us care

24. DanteMann macrumors 6502

You obviously care since you responded. Another tough guy behind the keyboard. You're my hero.

25. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Ironic. You haz it.:p