Apple is messin' with my mind Airport worked and then quit.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Medium Rare, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Medium Rare, Jul 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012

Medium Rare macrumors regular

Medium Rare

I have an Airport Express. Before I went away for a week it was working perfectly. Now that I am home it has quite working . I only use it to stream music from my iMac to our home stereo. What went wrong to cause it from working,and obviously what do I do to get it working ?

Thanks in advance.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

What part of it isn't working? Can you not connect to the AE? Does the option to select the remote speakers not appear in iTunes? Have you checked the volume of your speakers and iTunes? More details would help.

Also, you may have better success in attracting responses to your thread, and you'll make your thread easier to find for those browsing the forum for the same answers, if you change your thread title to something more descriptive. To do so, click the "Edit" button on your original post, then click "Go Advanced" and you will see where to edit the thread title.

3. Medium Rare thread starter macrumors regular

Medium Rare

I have had the AE working flawlessly for months. The green indicator light is on. I cracked the volume on my home stereo to the top, and no sound.The option to select the remote speakers does not appear in iTunes?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Have you verified that you're connected to the AE via WiFi?

5. Medium Rare thread starter macrumors regular

Medium Rare

Yes it says that the AE is on.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Having it on and connecting to it are two different things. When you click the AirPort icon on your Menu Bar, what WiFi network is checked? The icon looks like this: ScreenCap 2012-07-28 at Sat, Jul 28,4.19.50 PM .PNG

7. Medium Rare thread starter macrumors regular

Medium Rare

OK... that solved the problem. Thanks for your time and patience with me. It was driving me around the bend. Problem solved... case closed.