Apple is rediculous on shipping for the new in-ear

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by azure247, Dec 12, 2008.

1. azure247 macrumors 6502

Sep 9, 2008
    I ordered the in-ear headphones with mic 5 days ago and still no word of shipping! It is horrible business practice and I wish there were other outlets selling them. My first time ordering from Apple and it left a bad taste in my mouth. I was hoping to use the headphones this week but guess not. :mad:
  2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

Jul 4, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    Are you sure? I ordered an iPod touch refurbished online and it shipped monday (I ordered sunday) and shipping info was out on the same day..
  3. drichards macrumors 6502a

Nov 30, 2008
    Ridiculous. You order one of their hottest products and it didn't ship immediately, nor is it in most stores. What an outrage!
  4. Mister9 macrumors regular

Feb 11, 2008
    I ordered mine on Dec 3 and they still show "Not yet shipped"
  5. gjw4u macrumors 6502

Dec 2, 2008
    Did you per chance miss the following quote when ordering?
    Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic - $79.00 - Ships: 7-10 business days
    Apple did inform you about delays....
  6. semin28 macrumors regular

Oct 31, 2008
  7. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

Jan 7, 2006
    I ordered on the 2nd and they haven't shipped yet.
  8. surflordca macrumors 6502a

Nov 16, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    So the 16th. would be your 10 business days that Apple said would take 7 - 10 business days to ship.
  9. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Mar 15, 2008
    7-10 days usually means the product is coming from the factory and not the retailer. Knowing Apple your earbuds aren't even made until you place the order. They wait a day to see how many are ordered, then send the factory an order for that quantity. Guess where the factory is.

Wait a year and their turn around will improve.
  10. azure247 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 9, 2008
    Just received an email saying it is ready to be shipped out. Finally!
  11. gear71428 macrumors member

Sep 11, 2007
    I ordered a pair on the first day (in the morning before it hit the gadget blogs) and they arrived on this Saturday. But I wasn't really anxious, I guess I could have gotten them sooner if I wanted to go to the crowded mall and buy them at the Apple store, I just wasn't in that much of a hurry.

I did keep track of the shipping log on DHL and it was pretty funny to see them bop around Hong Kong for a couple of days before heading to Calif and bop around there for a couple of more days before someone gave them to the USPS to deliver.
  12. dave92029 macrumors member

Dec 8, 2008
    Gotem last Saturday

+1 me too...ordered them on the 8th got them on the 13th (Saturday). Really nice headphones :cool:
  13. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

Jan 7, 2006
    I just got mine in the mail TODAY.

Compared to the old ones, these are incredible. The remote is way better than the old one from 5 years ago. The Fring-Voip using the mic works well enough, but the person I called was going "WHAT?" a bit, which means the sound quality blows, however, that could be Fring, the internet connection, Skype, or any number of factors. I'll have to try it out more.