Apple is selling off remaining iphone 4 stock as quickly as possible. Redesign coming

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bonds79, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Bonds79 macrumors 6502

Are they trying to selling off the remaining stock of iphone 4s quickly, for a possible October ReDesign!

I got a feeling they are trying to unload the remaining stock quickly and will introduce a redesigned iphone 4 or a iphone 4 with a "coated" or insulated antenna!

As for ipads it is already know that apple wants to introduce a ipad with a camera early next year!
    See article!

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010...e-first-served-only-some-ipads-available-now/

2. Jestered macrumors 6502

That's certainly one way to look at it, but I'm guessing you didn't see the article the other day about this. Apparently Apple ramped up manufacturing because they want to try to get as many iPhone backorders in the US finalized before they start selling them in the next round of countries. I know I wouldn't be too happy if I was waiting weeks for my iPhone while they're selling them in other countries. And no I'm not saying as an American I am more entitled. The fact is, if you can't supply the countries you're already selling to, why would you start selling elsewhere?

3. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I do not believe we are going to see a redesign till the iPhone 5.

4. hcho3 macrumors 68030

There are still those of us waiting and we all pre-ordered before people in other countries. It's right thing to serve us first before others.

5. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

Ya, that's weird, they sold three million in a few days and now they are trying to stock up before the global release? Hmmmm, I wonder what kind of clandestine thing they are up to? Possably world domination but we need more proof. Keep your eyes open for more suspicious behavior.

6. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

No way. After denying any design problem publicly, to redesign any time soon would bring such a s**t storm that Apple wouldn't dare.

7. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I'm assuming the OP hasn't bought an iP4 yet and is hoping for the prospect of a redesign.

Why is everyone thinking a redesign is coming. What would they redesign exactly? something as thin as a cant won't solve anything

Redesigning iPhone means they're admitting there is a unique problem and then all hell would break loose...not. gonna. happen.

My guess is they're figured out that priority lists are being abused i.e. people are putting their names down multiple stores which is unfair to other prospective buyers. Its equivilent to the 2 quantities per person rule.

8. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

^^My guess as well.

9. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

NO WAY!

The complaining percentage was as low as 0.54%. Why would any one be pissed off when a new revision supposedly comes out?

10. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

trying to sell of stock quickly? They've been selling them as fast as they can make them since day 1, so there actually is no "stock" to sell off.

11. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Do you really think Apple would say "there is no antenna problem" then 4 months later redesign the phone? Not at all likely (IMO)!

12. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

Take the case of XBOX 1. The initial versions had cheap dvd drives that had trouble reading the discs. Eventually they replaced with better ones: Liteon drives. No one complained.
    Sometimes, companies make changes silently to their products.

13. samcraig macrumors P6

Sometimes the new designs require very public FCC approvals that would make current owners head right over to the store to exchange. Apple doesn't want to exchange over 3 million iPhones.

The very idea that Apple will change the design is 100 percent preposterous.

100 PERCENT.

14. zoman504 macrumors regular

NOT AGAIN! These threads are one million times more annoying than the complaint threads. There's no ****ing redesign coming, why is that so hard to understand?

15. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

Weren't we all suprised when Steve Jobs called out a seemingly-impossible-that-Apple-would-ever-do-it Press conference? :eek:

Same with the silent coating / insulation whatever to fix the serious design flaw. Not impossible. They aren't so dumb as to keep on proceeding with the flawed design for another full year.

16. nhlducks35 macrumors regular

Design change very seems unlikely, but an antenna fix is not unlikely. They might be able to add a coating or find some other way to fix it w/o changing the exterior design. I doubt they will publicly admit to changing anything though, it will probably be a silent fix.

17. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Three million sold and people are still lining up world wide to buy the iP4 in spite of all the publicity about it and you really think Apple is going to redesign it in the middle of the year?

To anyone who believe that I have a bridge for sale that has been in the family for years. There's one born every minute.

18. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

looking at this from a business perspective...

I just sold 3 million+ phones in less than a month.

There is no problem.

Why re-design when people obviously are happy with things the way they are? And at this point there is more than likely already millions of dollars invested in to the iPhone 5 so there is no point in worrying about the 4 anymore.

You gotta think like Apple when you ask these kinds of questions.

19. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

20. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

If they do they'd have to do something for all the current owners or people will go banana's, b-a-n-a-n-a-s....yeah I just did that.

21. samcraig macrumors P6

No. I wasn't at ALL surprised that Steve Jobs and Apple called a press conference.

Are you telling us you WERE surprised given all the negative press and the CR report that had come out?

Seriously? If you WERE surprised - it's no wonder you think a redesign is possible. WOW.

22. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

The great majority of users are happy because they are oblivious ... ha... ha... ha... :)

23. PerfSeeker macrumors 6502a

Look instead of endless complaining, just do what I did - cancel your IP4 order.

24. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

The interesting thing is I doubt Apple had planned on a redesign until iPhone 6, but now because of the bad press I think they'll move the antenna back to the inside of the case.

25. PerfSeeker macrumors 6502a

It takes at least a full year to design the next iPhone. I'm sure Apple is already half-way through the IP5 design which will include the antenna fix.