Apple is streaming "F*** White People" Days after Cook bans Hate and Division on Platform

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by magicschoolbus, Dec 5, 2018.

1. magicschoolbus macrumors 65816

magicschoolbus

Lyrics:
    https://genius.com/Auntie-aj-****-white-people-lyrics
    (Try and not get sick to your stomach)

Edit: Looks like the content filter is censoring out the link - however the lyrics take shots at 9/11 victims, white people, cops, etc.

What did Tim Cook mean exactly?

Attached Files:

2. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 603

T'hain Esh Kelch

Your link doesn't work. So clearly he meant what he said. No need to try and be against anti-hate here.

3. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Actually that song is on Apple Music but I'm thinking the "Hate" Timmy was thinking about was a little different than what the obviously hate filled poster is talking about.

4. magicschoolbus thread starter macrumors 65816

magicschoolbus

I can't get the link to work due to the content filters on this site, and quite frankly, I am afraid to post the lyrics here as I don't want to be banned.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 5, 2018 ---
    Care to tell me the difference between Apple posting an Alex Jones podcast or Apple posting a song with a noose on the front cover that says F*** White People that talks about taking shots at 9/11 victims and killing police officers?

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

6. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

There is no difference . Whether its on apple Music or in a forum.

7. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

watching the birth of the Dem Communist Party
    I'd rather not Apple censor anything. Well, anything not illegal.
    Tag it and let us apply our own censorship.

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

you can spread all the hate you want, just call it music and charge for it.......

9. Rocko99991 macrumors 6502a

Rocko99991

10. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

watching the birth of the Dem Communist Party
    If people buy it ... :eek:

I am tired of the shifting definition of censor this that and the other thing and other people / groups defining it for me.
    I wouldn't buy the example. Personal censorship. :cool:

11. Rocko99991 macrumors 6502a

Rocko99991

12. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

I really don't listen to stuff like this, but there's a lot of offensive music on iTunes/Apple Music from multiple socio/political views. Alex Jones is pointed to a lot, but he wasn't making generalized statements all the time or targeting only public officials with his vitriol, he was inciting hatred against specific people, civilians who suffered tragedy.

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yep, it all depends on who you are hating.

14. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Apple's attempt to censor content has caused all sorts of problems, including apparently, the end of adult content on Tumblr. This is largely because Apple regards things on a "case-by-case" basis, which often means that the rules at least appear arbitrary, if they aren't actually so.

Cook obviously has better things to do than review song lyrics, so the personal attack is pointless.

Moreover, there's a big difference in hosting the content of actual Nazis, and streaming an obvious attempt to shock people from an unknown hip-hop artist.

15. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

People are always complaining about something. Don't like it then don't listen to it and if you don't want to see something don't look at it. These days if some people don't look something they want it completely banned. Basically because they do not like something then no one else can or should be able to like it or see it. This reminds me of communism in China where communists decide what people can see, watch or hear. Same shi*...

16. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Honest to god, where in the world do people even find something like this to get worked up over if it isn't delivered to them by the breitbarts and outrage machinery?

Who. Cares.

17. StellarVixen macrumors 68000

StellarVixen

This is horrible.

Denying the obvious left bias in the Western societies is denying the reality. How can this not be a hate speech? I am sick of double standards, this has gone way too far.

18. Eggtastic macrumors 6502a

Eggtastic

Because if it was f*** black people it would be all over every major news network. I get its probably buried in the depths of apple music but come on, it works both ways.

19. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

I’m going to give a pass given the clear systemic problem we have in how the US treats minorities. As a white person I'm also not clutching my pearls. Have you listened to the album to see if it has any legitimate critiques? Doubt it.

I don’t like what happened to Jones as censorship of the right always comes back in spades to be used against the left (see: all of American history and the history of the CIA/FBI for examples). I don’t like that hate monger but there’s clearly a bigger agenda afoot.

20. Solver macrumors 6502a

It takes a lot of time and programming to have someone accept two such contrary ideas at the same time.

21. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

They aren't worked up. They only care about sticking it to the libs. It's all false equivalence that struggles to support a corrupted party that no longer has a platform that's defensible on an honest level.

22. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

That's exactly by what I mean by worked up. Glad I'm not the only one that sees it though!

23. hawkeye_a macrumors 65816

hawkeye_a

The world is a much better place when thoughts, emotions and speech are actively censored. /sarcasm

As an individual i was endowed by my creator with an inalienable right to think, feel and say. No totalitarian ideology can take it away. IMHO

24. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

While we are talking in platitudes, let's go with "There are no moral absolutes."