Apple is the most ridiculous company ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

StBDawg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
I ordered the Camera Connection Kit for the iPad on March 27th at 10am. I haven't had any changes to my order, it still shows "Not Yet Shipped". So I get on here and see that they are starting to ship them. Someone else on this board said theirs shipped and is supposed to be delivered on Friday (April 23rd). I asked them when they ordered theirs thinking they ordered before me so mine should be shipping any minute. Nope, they ordered theirs a whole day after me. Why would someone who ordered after me, get it before me? I called up Apple to make sure there was nothing wrong with my order and to ask why my order status hasn't changed. The girl said they are backordered and mine should be delivered by April 30th.

murphyrulez

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2010
I ordered the Camera Connection Kit for the iPad on March 27th at 10am. I haven't had any changes to my order, it still shows "Not Yet Shipped". So I get on here and see that they are starting to ship them. Someone else on this board said theirs shipped and is supposed to be delivered on Friday (April 21st). I asked them when they ordered theirs thinking they ordered before me so mine should be shipping any minute. Nope, they ordered theirs a whole day after me. Why would someone who ordered after me, get it before me? I called up Apple to make sure there was nothing wrong with my order and to ask why my order status hasn't changed. The girl said they are backordered and mine should be delivered by April 30th.
THIS IS MADNESS!!! THIS ladies and gentlemen, is why god created the class action lawsuit. Worst company ever!!!

StBDawg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
Laugh it up but I guarantee if it was you and not me you wouldn't be laughing. It makes absolutely no sense why Apple would fill someone's order that ordered after me, before me. No sense at all.

uberamd

macrumors 68030
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
Laugh it up but I guarantee if it was you and not me you wouldn't be laughing. It makes absolutely no sense why Apple would fill someone's order that ordered after me, before me. No sense at all.
How on earth do you know the circumstances of the situation? You don't. You have NO idea if they needed to spend extra time processing your card data, if they had a bulk shipment going to the other guys UPS/FedEX hub, etc. There are SO many variables you are clueless about I am not even going to bother trying to reason with you.

Soulcrux

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2008
OH MY GOD GUYS! APPLE ISN'T GIVING ME PERSONAL ATTENTION, AND OTHER PEOPLE ARE GETTING THEIRS BEFORE ME! APPLE SUX GUYS! I HATE IT! *SOBS*

randomerratum

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
When you use a sensational title like "most ridiculous company ever" for a post about an un-sensational personal experience... yeah, you're gonna get ridiculed.

We've all had experiences with a number of companies that are far crazier then delayed shipping. I have personal stories about Verizon that would easily dethrone Apple as "most ridiculous company ever" but I'll submit "Reservation Rewards" for nomination as "most ridiculous" in the interest of making this thread live up to the title ....if you know the company, you probably already agree with me. :D

Simgar988

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2009
UYBAATC
Laugh it up but I guarantee if it was you and not me you wouldn't be laughing. It makes absolutely no sense to me why Apple would fill someone's order that ordered after me, before me. No sense at all to me.
To some, young grasshopper, sense is not found, nor made, it is understood. Someday you will understand.

StBDawg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
Ok I know the title is a little over the top but I am ticked off. Imagine if you ordered an iPad 3G the first day the went up to order, yet you have to wait a month after everyone else got theirs. You would be pretty mad yourself, wouldn't you? A pretty big rule in business is "first come, first serve". Not place your order and we'll get around to it whenever we feel like it. I am paying extra money to get it ASAP.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Ok I know the title is a little over the top but I am ticked off. Imagine if you ordered an iPad 3G the first day the went up to order, yet you have to wait a month after everyone else got theirs. You would be pretty mad yourself, wouldn't you? A pretty big rule in business is "first come, first serve". Not place your order and we'll get around to it whenever we feel like it. I am paying extra money to get it ASAP.
You aren't waiting a month after someone got what you wanted. The other guy "supposedly" is getting his after 24 days. You: 34 days. Mildly annoying? Yeah. That's all, IMO.

HelloMikee

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
San Diego
Yea, I can't believe this company can't ship these millions of products on time without any discrepancies!

I demand everything to be perfect besides me.

StBDawg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
Yeah, because thats the way it works in real life....

Get over it. Its a damn camera adapter.
Its not only the item, its more about the principle. Simple concept, I ordered first, I should receive it first.

1rottenapple

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2004
WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:rolleyes:

Are you serious? Were you this mad when Katrina hit and the govt did not do anything for days?

StBDawg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
If it were only like a few days apart I wouldn't care if the other person got it first. But for them to tell me mine won't be shipped for another week, that doesn't make sense. The orders are a day apart, it doesn't make sense for them to be shipped a week apart.

uberamd

macrumors 68030
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
Its not only the item, its more about the principle. Simple concept, I ordered first, I should receive it first.
As I told you. FedEx/UPS may have had a large order pickup for the other persons location, thus Apple saved on shipping, emissions, etc by bundling it with that shipment going out to that one location.

When you ship hundreds of thousands of items you NEED to bundle similar location shipments together otherwise shipment costs go through the roof and it leads to more delays as Apple will be doing micro-shipments to areas. Its common sense.

And its a camera adapter, get a grip.

kyleh613

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2010
If you need it right away then you would have walked into a store and bought it. Ordering online is for people who do not mind waiting.

StBDawg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
I like how you guys think I am having a life meltdown right now. I know its a camera adapter. I'm not calling off work, cancelling everything in my life because of this. I am venting on an online message board.

StBDawg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
If you need it right away then you would have walked into a store and bought it. Ordering online is for people who do not mind waiting.
They're not available in stores thats why I ordered online.

Status
Not open for further replies.