Apple just emailed me about AppleCare formy iPhone 5 purchase

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by southbark, Sep 15, 2012.

1. southbark macrumors regular

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your recent iPhone 5 purchase at the Apple Store.

We would like to let you know that every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a $49 service fee.

We noticed you weren't given the opportunity to add AppleCare+ to your iPhone. If you would like to extend your coverage for only $99, please reply to this email by September 21st.

After that date, if you would still like to purchase AppleCare+ within the first thirty days of receiving your iPhone, you can call AppleCare at 800-MY-IPHONE or visit an Apple Retail Store.

Thank you for shopping with Apple.

Sincerely,

Apple Online Store Team

I guess this answers the AppleCare questions asked last night

2. Built macrumors 68020

I got this same email last night. I've already replied because I always get AppleCare. Saves me a trip to the Apple Store.

3. blacksunset macrumors member

Do you have an email address for Apple to get them to add on the AppleCare+?

4. Built macrumors 68020

The email was from apple_sales_support@apple.com

5. blacksunset macrumors member

6. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

If you purchased from Apple.com at launch, you'll be getting the same email. Just Reply as instructed and AppleCare+ will be added to your order #. :)

7. Peanut207 macrumors 6502

Got the same email. AppleCare+ wasn't an option when ordering through Apple Store App. Responded to the email and now I have it. Good job :apple: :)

8. BigRingIt macrumors member

I got the same email and replied to it and it has been added to my order too.

I have a question as this is the first time I ever purchased applecare. Will applecare+ be in a form of a card bearing some numbers, that I will receive in the mail?

Or Applecare+ will be sent to me in a form of an email?

K

9. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

the purchase will be added to your order. But it is just an "imaginary" thing associated to your phones serial number. They use to give you a little booklet, but they stopped doing that.

10. RSully macrumors member

I was under the impression only people using the iOS app would get this email. I just emailed them (I ordered from website) to see if I can add it, since I haven't got this email.

11. MajorTCS macrumors regular

I received the same AppleCare+ email, Saturday morning. I replied via email, and no luck. Called yesterday. I had to "teach" the phone rep but was able to add to my purchase.

12. BigRingIt macrumors member

So there is nothing tangible I will receive from Applecare+? Not even a number to register my phone with? How can I be for certain that my phone has the plan?

13. meganator macrumors member

It's attached to the serial numb of your phone. Sothey can look it up.but it will show in your purchase history so you know you have it...

14. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Go to this link and enter your phones serial number and it will show you have applecare+
    https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

15. Chopstick217 macrumors regular

Chopstick217

strange, I have not received an email yet. Guess I will have to call apple about this.

16. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

just be patient. It may take a few days...some got them as early as saturday. If you don't have it tomorrow you could call

17. jpcarro macrumors 6502

jpcarro

I didn't wait for their email. Resurrected my 4S email asking for AppleCare+ to be added to my order, updated the order#, and wisked off the request email Friday morning.

Got their official email Friday night. By Sunday evening, AppleCare+ appeared on my order.

18. kukheart macrumors regular

kukheart

I responded to that email, adding it to my account, haven't been charged yet for it, if it's not there by thursday I'll be giving them a call.

19. jreale05 macrumors regular

Hopefully I get this email. I ordered my ip5 on Friday at 3:00 AM CST and completely forgot to buy applecare. I am hoping I get this email soon