Apple Keynote Trademark

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
Apple has filed for another Trademark... this time on the word "Keynote" relating to "Computer hardware, computer software". This trademark was filed on September 10, 2002, and adds another mysterious trademark to Apple's collection.

Most recently, Apple filed a trademark for "Junkyard" in July 2002, and Gigawire in Sept 2001.

In the past, a trademark for iPicture in March 2001 ended up becoming iPhoto (released 10 months later)

J@ffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2002
Behind you!
Maybe…

… It's that new Video Conferencing app everyone was anticipating a while ago. Might be quite useful… if it is. :)

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Does anyone recognize this?

It's another trademark registration from Apple as of July 2002.

Attachments

dantec

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2001
California
I love that logo (in color).

So if they own a trademark for iPicture, and they released iPhoto, why are they still holding onto iPicture ? Are they affraid, M$ will try another iApp copy ? (microsoft movie maker)

Furious Tiger

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2002
New York City
Originally posted by dantec
I love that logo (in color).

So if they own a trademark for iPicture, and they released iPhoto, why are they still holding onto iPicture ? Are they affraid, M$ will try another iApp copy ? (microsoft movie maker)
I would.

boskie

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2001
North Side Of Itchy Town
This rather sounds more like something to do with apple's aquisition of eMagic maybe?

Maybe it is a combined audio/midi interface device to go with a potential new iApp for music creation/sequencing... iGroove, iSequnce or iRock?

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
I don't know if Apple would have gone to the trouble of buying out Emagic if all they were going to do was release some piddly little audio iApp. I was expecting a Final Cut Pro equivalent for the audio world. Whatever they do with Logic, it's not gonna have an "i" in front of it. (Unless they release a stripped-down version...)

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
I guess Uncle Steve's appearances at MacWorld are now covered by a trademark. The way I understand it, from this time on, no other technology company CEO will legally be able to make a "keynote presentation" without saying "under license from Apple Computer, all rights reserved."

Smart move. I can't wait for Bill Gates to make his next Keynote™ speech at Comdex.

markseaton

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2001
mac mad man
PDA

I still think apple is going to make a PDA in the near future and it will not run on palm but a revised Newton/Aqua OS It will be far more powerful then the curents standereds for PDA's ie:

400mhz
64mb
320x320 screen
memery slot
USB
palm/winCE

From the rumors and videos of all the iwalk stuff there has to be something cooking at apple R&D maybe apple got cold feet after all the hype those video's made when the ipod was released instead? so maybe they were looking for a new name for there pet?

I think the "keynote" would make a good name for PDA.

mark my words APPLE WILL MAKE A PDA AGAIN! :)

djcobb44

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2001
iApps.....

Is it me, or is this "i-Name" scheme of Apple's apps getting a bit dull, or over used, and i know they have pro apps that do not start with "i". I wish they would give there software titles and hardware more aggressive, progressive names and while I'm at it their commercials too. (Sorry, I must be in a wintel frame of mind)... But come on, an ipicture, iwalk, ipda, iwhatever is starting to become bland and annoying. I realize that it helps destinguish the pro and consumer level products, but I thought that was the reason that "pro" was added on to items such as "quicktime pro." The iapps are quality software/hardware but it makes them sound inferior, or something not to be taken seriously, and I think the name doesn't do justice for the power that they give the average user. Am I the only one that feels this way?.....

Chisholm

macrumors regular
May 31, 2002
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Re: Maybe…

Originally posted by J@ffa
… It's that new Video Conferencing app everyone was anticipating a while ago. Might be quite useful… if it is. :)
Or perhaps a presentation app *no flames please* such as M$ PowerPoint. Capable of still images, HTML, etc., video, QuickTime.

Something as such would help me move folks from Windows machines a LOT faster. I work with professors in a college of communication, their classes are quite often presentations.

If you think about it this is true of many teachers...isn't there a Switcher that is a professor?

cheers!
-john

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
I thought that arn was abbreviating the entry but all it actually says is Hardware, Software.

Now the question is, will we ever see the trademark used?

dricci

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2001
Re: iApps.....

Originally posted by djcobb44
Is it me, or is this "i-Name" scheme of Apple's apps getting a bit dull, or over used, and i know they have pro apps that do not start with "i".
It's just you. The iApps power the Digital Hub, they're THE reason to buy a Mac. People remember the names easily, and they make sense. They're not going anywhere any time soon.

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
I doubt keynote is going to end up being the title of any software, it's still just going to be The Keynote Address, thats the type of tradmark they filed for "the word "Keynote" relating to "Computer hardware, computer software".

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
I think they should release an internet security app called iPfreely :D

Seriously though, keynote is a description of an event, it would be like a political group stopping people from using the word "party" in their "keynotes". Sounds stupid, like that story on the onion site last year about microsoft taking out a patent on the number 1 and 0!

Chisholm

macrumors regular
May 31, 2002
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Re: Re: iApps.....

Originally posted by dricci

It's just you. The iApps power the Digital Hub, they're THE reason to buy a Mac. People remember the names easily, and they make sense. They're not going anywhere any time soon.
But, but, but...remind me, what does the "i" stand for again? "Internet"?