Apple let me down.

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by jeffgtr, Dec 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffgtr macrumors regular

I have been a long time supporter of Apple. I couldn't count on 5 hands how many people I have swayed to use Apple products, whether an Iphone, Ipad or Mac. I never imagined I would ever type this but Apple has lost it. Tonight, in an emergency situation the Apple Watch, and Iphone let me down. I have been a loyal Apple customer since the 80's, but no more. Apple let me down in a big way. Again, I know there is is staunch loyalty to Apple on this forum. Please realize a year ago I would never have imagined typing these words. Apples claim of "it just works" rings hollow. Tim Cook, if by some reason you are reading this. Get it together, go back to the principles that made Apple a company like no other. Please stick to your values, to make products that just work.

2. dhill7 macrumors member

dhill7

3. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

I have been authorized to inform you Mr Cook has been notified that Apple needs to get it together and become a company like no other.

4. jeffgtr thread starter macrumors regular

Dhill7 what happened was buggy software. I'm too exhausted to type out the details but I will tomorrow. No one died. Perhaps my standards were just too high.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 12, 2018 ---
    Tromboneaholic...thanks, I will sleep better tonight. Whew! Thank goodness!

5. gwhizkids macrumors 68040

gwhizkids

I’ll be waiting on the edge of my seat for this!

6. Jessica08 macrumors 6502

Jessica08

You can create a thread but are too tired to provide details? Can’t wait to hear what happened then.

7. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

It's like an episode of Fixer Upper right before they reveal the house ... blammo, a friggin commercial.

8. Cycling Asia macrumors regular

Perhaps he missed capturing a rare Pokemon because the watch failed to display the notification and then the phone crashed.

9. rawCpoppa macrumors 6502

10. akash.nu macrumors 603

akash.nu

With such detailed information even Tim Cook can’t do much even if he didn’t have any better job than reading MacRumors.

11. Relentless Power, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Whatever the OP is disgruntled about, if it’s that serious of a situation where Apple specifically failed on their behalf, then I wouldn’t just write about it on Macrumors, then I would specifically share that with an executive at Apple (If the OP is comfortable), so perhaps they can read your feedback and provide a response whatever failed with a certain Software feature or capability.

12. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Way too much drama and we still do not even know what happened.

I am betting we will be disappointed when we hear it.

13. MacDonaldTrump macrumors regular

MacDonaldTrump

I have loved apple for years, I even worked there, they were really good, I loved them as a brand, always trusted them. I have just had the worst experiences lately, I have just left the store after receiving poor poor service from two managers. Trying to follow up on 1 bending ipad one screen flickering MacBook Pro Vega, neither resolved, all still continue, but the service was just appalling. Left with a bad feeling of having invested in a company not willing to support anyone.

I have promoted, invested and enjoyed apple for many years, I have never thought windows. I just left the store then and really for the first time in over 10 years thought about switching systems.

They are not what they were, don't think they are going back.
    Steve died.

14. StumpyBloke macrumors 6502a

StumpyBloke

This is better than going to the cinema!! OP, there had better not be a massive anticlimax here or I will hunt you down!

(And for the stupid out there, that is OBVIOUSLY a joke)

15. Cowboy1629 macrumors 6502

Cowboy1629

“I’m really upset the world is coming to an end”

Tune in tomorrow and I’ll tell you all about it. What a joke...

16. BigMcGuire, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018

BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

In the last 5 years where I had to dial 911 3 times when life was on the line, my iPhone (since you mentioned "and iPhone") performed admirably and perfectly. I was more upset at 911 for not having the ability to find my location than anything...

Threads like this piss me off. You have enough energy to start a thread and get tons of responses but no energy to write what you're pissed about? If it doesn't work for you great... but explain why because for many millions of other people, including professionals (doctors), it works perfectly for them.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 13, 2018 ---
    Not just a thread but a fairly lengthy paragraph with the usual Tim Cook sucks mantra.

17. rgyiv macrumors member

rgyiv

18. PN4 macrumors member

PN4

19. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

OP needs to get it together and stick to their principles!

20. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

He's been accused of many things…
    That's a new one to me. :eek::p:D

21. RecentlyConverted macrumors 6502a

22. oeagleo macrumors 6502

oeagleo

Sounds like a drama queen that couldn't find the proper attention at their local Wal-Mart...

23. akash.nu macrumors 603

akash.nu

Account created in 2005 with 124 thread starts... literally 10 posts a year average. I’m sure he / she is not coming back to this thread again.

24. iPhysicist macrumors 65816

iPhysicist

Used Apple Pay 3 time since it launched in Germany. Bought Jack Daniels, Jim Beam and some Nutrition for my conscience.
    Apple let me down. Right pay with my watch which was really uplifting.

25. Tapiture macrumors 65816

Tapiture

26. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I think everyone can stop chastising the OP now, we all get it, they didn’t explain the situation entirely. I think we need to give the OP a chance here to return and explain, they said they Would come back to discuss more detail. Let’s give them that opportunity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.