Apple locked me out, saying I tried too many times to access my carrier

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rbf1138, Sep 9, 2016.

1. rbf1138 macrumors 6502

WTF. The process to preorder errored out so I restarted and now I can't try for another hour, it says.

2. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

3. gthorson macrumors member

Same here. Safari freaked out after I entered my one-time passcode. Now I'm locked for an hour. Aargh!

4. rbf1138 thread starter macrumors 6502

I got back in at 4:15am and still got release date delivery on a Verizon 7 64gb black. But yeah, it was total ********, especially because I entered the password correctly. Seems like it was a glitch when talking to Verizon.

5. jediuia macrumors regular

They didn't want your password, they wanted the security pin. Happened to me too, I figured it out after waiting the hour.

6. rbf1138 thread starter macrumors 6502

...the security pin which I'm literally never asked for anymore, whether it be on Verizons site or via their app? Lol

7. afinch1992 macrumors 6502

afinch1992

Same happened to me. Although it was my fault in a way. Apparently my ATT account info was not up to date with my new address. I figured that was the case when it didnt work the first couple of times. The only problem was the ATT site wouldn't let me in, so I had to guess what zip. :(:(:(

8. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Only time anyone will ask is if you are making changes to your account. If you do not have or forgot your pin, you need to go visit a store to get it fixed. The pin is the last wall of defense against fraud.

9. ATEspo macrumors regular

ATEspo

I tried around 3:15am EST and I got locked out too, kept saying the last 4 of my social was incorrect. At that time, it was saying delivery date was between Sept 19-26

Finally got the order to go through when I got to my office around 9am...and now I have a delivery date of Oct 4-10

Oh well, I'm in no rush, my 6+ will get me through another month.

10. gthorson macrumors member

11. xsdeus macrumors regular

I fell for this, too. Fortunately, the model I wanted was still available for 9/16 after the hour.