apple logo does have scratches (black iphone - no case) but perfectly fine with it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iOrlando, Jul 22, 2009.

1. iOrlando macrumors 68000

btw..my apple logo does have quite a few scratches on it from just normal use for the past 3 weeks.

I dont want a case to cover the beauty but just felt people who were wondering how easy does it scratch should know this little fact.

The scratches are not bad enough for me to feel like the phone is messed up and deemed "ugly" or "baster-like".

2. NateDMB macrumors regular

NateDMB

I felt the same way until mine caught a 2 foot drop onto the pavement (thank God it hit the back, not the glass). Slider went right back on after that! Good luck with the nudity, it really is the sexiest handheld device ever made. I petition that iPhone owners unite and create a community where all hard surfaces are made of sponge like material. :rolleyes:

3. GlassBullet macrumors regular

GlassBullet

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

5. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

[​IMG]

Disregard the humorless posters :D

6. Pared macrumors 65816

7. hlysmksbtmn macrumors member

I put a piece of clear scotch tape over the logo so that it doesn't get scratched .:eek: :apple:

8. benlangdon macrumors 65832

benlangdon

serious?

i like all my electronics with out dumb cases.
    i have the sticker covers for my ipod and laptop, and it still retaines the nakey :D.
    i bought them because they are freekin cool, not because they protect anything.

9. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I have my iPhone in a incase Frame Case. I take it out and look at it at home. I don't want it scratched.

10. bredfan macrumors newbie

Wow. The Apple logo on the back of mine was scratched up within hours of having the phone.

Same with the bezel. It's finished chrome. I'm pretty sure you can scratch it just by looking at it.

11. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

I dont get why they couldnt put the apple logo under the plastic of the phone?

12. PeterKG macrumors 6502

The Apple logo is the cheapest quality and most scratch prone part of the phone. Wiping a speck of dust over it will scratch it. On the original iPhone, the logo was actually metal. I'll bet the new material is chrome paper!

13. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

[​IMG]

:eek: :eek:

:D

gaffer tape

14. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

its polished aluminum, hence why it scratches easy. Chrome is a plating, not a metal itself and it is more scratch resistant than polished aluminum. Ask anyone who's ever owned something with both. Thats not to say chrome doesn't scratch, and depending on the quality of the plating, it can hold up to scratches pretty well tho. Stainless steel, on the other hand, doesn't scratch easy... which is why it is used for most wrist watches. If you really want a scratch resistant iphone, you'd need either a stainless steel or titanium bezel, sleep/wake, and volume button, along with a ceramic based/scratch resistant paint coating over the back cover...... www.colorwarepc.com

15. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

wait, so you're saying JUST the logo is aluminum, precision cut and embedded or glued into the plastic (or whatever hybrid material it is) back? don't think so mate.

[​IMG]

16. bredfan macrumors newbie

Well, thanks for all that info, but my post was meant more as a joke to describe just how easily the "shiny parts" scratch, and how little it bothers me.

17. Pared macrumors 65816

Not saying they don't do great work... but their paint comes off via chipping eventually.

Sadly they won't honor it either. I know this because it happened to someone I know. Part of the reason that, as much as I'd love to, I'd never do it.

18. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

What if the Apple logo was some scratch proof glass? (like the touch screen) Can anyone picture that?

19. audx macrumors member

this thread is waste land, with that being said....

[​IMG]

20. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

I'm talking about the bezel
    oh ok[​IMG]

21. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

really? interesting! That's a big turn off considering how much they freakin charge you to basically repaint your phone, and that it voids any sort of apple warranty you may have. Besides, if I ever wanted quality paint work done on anything....southern CA has a ton of high end automotive shops that have great reps for doing quality work on rare cars, and I know they could honor almost any request someone might make.