Apple loves Taiwan so much: 94.1% of Iphone 6s Plus in Taiwan comes with Samsung chip

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by j2ee, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Daku93 macrumors regular

What if only 17 People in Taiwan tested? Only one of them has a TSMC Chip then. We don't know that… What if only one of the next 17 People who test has a TSMC Chip? It would be 50:50.

2. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

There's nothing wrong with the Samsung chip. I returned my first phone due to a faulty home button and I actually got 45mins+ longer battery life from that Samsung-chipped phone. My TSMC 6S+ returns a thoroughly acceptable battery life, but the Samsung chip was better in my 'test' based on one of each. I would sooner have the old phone with a repaired home button, so people swapping perfectly good Samsung-chipped phones just to get a TSMC chip could be doing themselves a disservice.

3. j2ee thread starter Suspended

j2ee

The app is very famous, almost every iphone users use the app, the news and the stats are well known, Taiwan is a strong technology country (but salary...), they know what they are doing and they are super angry, go to see their forum if you can read Chinese, almost all posts express their anger, and they cannot return their phones if they bought from reseller or telecom companies. Even a department said their citizens should have right to know which cpu is inside the phone before they buy it.

4. j2ee thread starter Suspended

j2ee

A lot of people in Taiwan work for TSMC and they don't think so, no single one in Taiwan forum thinks these two chips are similar at all.

5. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I'm not saying the chips are similar, they're patently different in architecture. However, they return similar performance.

6. fanta88 macrumors 6502

Personally, I think drawing semi-jingoistic conclusions based on the country of origin of a component (or even a whole product itself) is a flawed idea.

7. freedomisle macrumors regular

My iPhone 6s Plus has the TSMC chip and I'm looking at 9 hours screen on time :eek:

Attached Files:

8. iAstonish macrumors member

iAstonish

I have Samsung chip. Just goes to show that this whole thing is basically just a circle jerk.

Attached Files:

9. Silver Idaten macrumors 6502

That's funny, considering TSMC is the Taiwan Superconductor Manufacturing Company.

10. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

There is no way any app can be so definitive that 94.1% of the ENTIRE stock in Taiwan has a specific chip.

Sorry, there is no way that 100% of iPhone users would be using any independent app, the chances are infinitesimally small of that happening.

11. EgGKeith macrumors member

U know...
    Actually there is nothing they can be proud of XD
    So they keep saying how good the chips made by TSMC... I feel sad for them

12. j2ee thread starter Suspended

j2ee

Just Apple rather sells better chip in market with better potential

13. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

There is basically no difference in real world testing. Benchmarks aren't always the most accurate. And who knows if there is a big enough sample size from that app for the results to actually be meaningful.

14. JXShine macrumors 6502

JXShine

I'm from Taiwan and let me tell you this. If you think people on MR forum are OCD, the Taiwanese tech forums take it to a whole new level. People are even considering lawsuits against apple.

15. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

There will come a day, not soon enough, but eventually, when this nonsense will cease.

16. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Internet forums are full of nonsense. If chipgate never happened, people would be debating over other things (screen is too yellow, 6S+ is too big/not, pressure point on the plus). There'll never be a shortage complaints over non-issues.

17. Jayjew macrumors 6502

Jayjew

GOOD.