Apple Map question….

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Badrottie, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I know iOS 6 is coming soon and I am concern about new Apple Map lack for Transit direction/routing/timetable support. Google Map is great with transit. I don't like the idea of downloading Google Map app and wasted some space. Oh well I guess that is me. :apple:

2. garybUK Guest

garybUK

Apple maps does have a public transport option in the route type, doesn't seem to work yet.... Googles was horrible never worked in Germany and the uk especially when there are some fantastic apps out there.....

Let's see what comes :)

3. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

What's the question?

4. ledlauzis macrumors member

ledlauzis

New iOS Maps app works well in North America and in largest countries in Europe and the rest sucks and can't be compared to Google Maps. They still have few weeks to improve it before it is released but there is too much to do so you and me will have to use separate Google Maps app.

5. southfrisco macrumors member

Not in this release...

From what I understand transit information will not be baked into this version of Maps. The transit button is there but will only open up a list of transit apps already installed on a given device or it will offer a link to the app store to download some.