Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dubs

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
I've heard people talk about 14 days to return their mbp after purchase? If I buy a new MBP for my brother for his birthday, and he doesn't like it, can he return for full refund within a certain number of days? This mbp will be purchased from an apple store.

Any help would be really appreciated as I am a complete apple newbie.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
1) Where do you live. The UK has totally different statutory minimum return periods to the USA for example

2) How will you be buying it? In the UK there are totally different statutory returns policy if you buy from a store instead of online.

dubs

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
I live in the US, in Minnesota to be exact. I will be purchasing the MBP with an Accenture employee discount in store. The discount is around 17% off, so I was wondering if there would be any reason they would fully refund the price I paid, minus the restocking fee you seem to all have mentioned of course. Thanks for all the help!

amitface

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2007
Florida
If there is nothing wrong with it, and he doesn't like it, there will be a 10% fee, no questions asked. If it's defective and you want a refund, you will not have to pay the fee.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.