Apple messed up my returned iPhone 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ABC5S, Oct 3, 2013.

1. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

What could happen when returning iPhone via USPS....

Return iPhone with return sticker provided by Apple, but I wanted to return it via the Apple store 25 miles away. However the official Apple site stated that if I bought the iphone via online, and shipped to my home, I would have to return it same way. NEVER AGAIN

I boxed two products, one being the iphone 5S, and the other, a small Apple docking station. Sent via USPS, arrived 6 days later. Got credited via email tonight, but only for the docking station, and of course I immediately made a call to Apple.

I was on the phone for a good 40 minutes or so with a nice rep, who first stated their records showed that I was not billed for a iphone 5s, but I had, and my credit card statement showed same. The rep went looking, and later returned, and said things were all messed up record wise, but they did find the returned box, but he could not tell me if the phone was inside (unknown why-couldn't tell me), but would have more information in 24 hours.

Very frustrating to say the least. Anyone else had same issues, and what came of it ? Filed a loss report or what ever ?

I will wait another 24 hours, than call again, but this is not good.

2. Demonface macrumors 6502a

Wow that sucks. Hopefully they tell you if the phone was received.

3. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

For future references. You can return an online apple iPhone order at the apple store. I just did yesterday

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

That must be new, because I did this for the 4S and 5 for manufacture defects (I didn't want a Genius Bar replacement) and because of that I had to return them to Apple.com.

5. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

http://imageshack.us/a/img850/271/oata.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/photo/850/oata.jpg/

6. Phillyphil0302 macrumors regular

Sure about that?

Attached Files:

7. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Last year when I returned an iPhone 5 I had the worse time. I dropped it off at the post office with the label and everything was fine. Package was shipped back to apples facility's but was never seen after that. Dealt with an apple online rep to work it all out and even tho they couldn't track the phone down he refunded the money and the upgrade back. He also gave me a $150 discount off an iPad 3 for my troubles.

8. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Lol! If he just did it then I think he's sure :rolleyes:

9. redlinux macrumors regular

redlinux

Ha! This is good to know just in case! :)

10. ungreen macrumors member

I can confirm that too, I returned my 5s which purchased thro online, back to store in SoHo.

11. Bloake macrumors 6502

Bloake

Curious, what's the return window for the iPhone? I was told when I was purchasing it was 14 days but online website seems to say it's 30 days. Anyone know for sure?

12. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Yup :)
    [​IMG]

13. alice04 macrumors regular

alice04

Range is 15-20 days

14. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Wow, that sucks OP. Just keep calling them. I was in a similar last year when I ordered the 5 and AC+ online but I cancelled to do an in-store pick-up instead and get AC+ then. Since I was already charged for the AC+ initially from the web order, Apple was having the toughest time refunding the money. In fact, twice they said they had refunded and nothing happened. Until they finally did some "research" and got my money. I did get a free case out of it though.

----------

It's 30 days for the iPhone.

15. ABC5S thread starter Suspended

ABC5S

Guess Apple has got to make some changes to what it tells the paying customers. Don't see why they have it one way on their site and another if you bring it in.

Still no go on the return. Will continue with the calls. Had to ask for the reps name since he said he could not send a confirmation email that I made the call. No case number either. Does not seem right but I will continue. I do want my eligibility back from Verizon but don't know how that will work out now. Thought I would just cancel my phone account and buy from AT&T in a few days, not to mention calling my credit card up to dispute the charge if that is even possible.

Thanks guys for the suggestions.

16. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

I can confirm this as well, Exchanged a iPhone 4 I ordered online for a 5 in store.

Attached Files:

• mac.jpeg
      mac.jpeg
      File size:
      237.5 KB
      Views:
  17. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

mr. usps worker is surely enjoying your phone

18. ABC5S thread starter Suspended

ABC5S

Called again today, and spoke with a Supervisor who told me that the box arrived, but Apple deals with a simple matter of the Docking station first, than it will take more time with the iPhone itself before Apple acknowledges to the customer that the phone has indeed been returned, and a refund is in order.

However, before I got to the Supervisor stage today, I talked to a rep from Texas first, who said the phone was going to another location, but that was clearly wrong. So its best to talk to a Supervisor in hope he/she is more knowledgable. :D

19. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I believe that it's 14 days if you bought from a carrier and 30 days if you bought directly from Apple.

20. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

I returned my iPhone 5 to the Apple Store that was pre-ordered online. I guess YMMV.

21. johna1234 macrumors member

Never ship anything valuable through usps. First off they don't take care of packages in transit, I have gotten many things damaged from them. Second, they steal stuff all the time. I now spring the extra few bucks and ship fedex. It's worth it in the end to not have to deal with all the headaches.

22. ABC5S thread starter Suspended

ABC5S

Update:

Apple Supervisor called (Nice guy, fast response), and expedited my case, found iphone 5S, and now my email arrived that updated the return, and my Carrier Verizon also updated my Eligibility so I can buy again. Apple Supervisor was patient with my concern, gave me his direct line and Extension, but it was not needed. He did some digging, and Wa-La, all is good.

The other reps seemed not to be very astute, and asking for a Supervisor will make things much easier, not to mention, I could actually understand him.

:D ;)

As far as USPS shipping, I really had no choice. Apple sent me the label for USPS.

23. blarivee macrumors 6502

I'm surprised that online iPhones aren't allowed to be returned to store. I did it last year for the iPhone 4S and a coworker returned his online iPhone 5C at the store last week.

24. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

But they are allowed.

25. billycuth macrumors 6502a

I once returned a refurb macbook pro to Apple online. It took forever.