Apple Misses the Mark - Again

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by UncleDannie, Sep 21, 2012.

1. UncleDannie macrumors member

After waiting in line for the Grand Opening of the Vally Plaza Mall store in Bakersfield, CA, I found out that Apple failed to gauge the preferences of the public. They had an over abundance of new iPhone 5's in 16 and 32 GB capacities with all carriers. They failed to stock an adequate amount of 64GB models. There were three times the need of 64GB iPhone's than supplies. I had to settle for a 32GB model or wait for a couple more weeks.

After completing my purchase, I tried to buy a Lightning adapter, but the store didn't have any. They told me that none arrived and they had no ideal when they would get any. This was from several of their employee's.

So, again, rushing to market, not quite prepared. I love to hate this company!

2. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

So there's huge demand and not enough supply to satisfy the huge demand. What's your point?

3. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Seeing that you still bought a phone from them, I'm sure they love you right back.

4. mryanwalker macrumors newbie

You accuse them of rushing, but you couldn't even wait to get the 64GB you actually wanted.

5. Baytriple macrumors 6502

Did somebody put a gun to your head to get this phone that you did not want?

6. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

Says it all, doesn't it?

7. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

You failed at being a rational human being.

8. madsci954 macrumors 68030

<looks at OP>
    <looks at OP's sig>

Riiiiiiiight....

9. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

It's been known that the lightning adapters won't be shipping till October.

10. nrvna76 macrumors 6502

Exactly the opposite at my local apple store. Sold out of 16's and 32's last to go was the 64's.

11. takasugi macrumors regular

You have to admit that it is kind of disappointing that they don't have the accessories available for purchase on the launch date - kind of detracts from the enjoyment of your new phone if you need them

12. amyangel macrumors member

64gb typically aren't nearly as popular as the 16gb or 32gb

13. nrvna76 macrumors 6502

So they should postpone the release until they have the accessories ready? Can't please everybody.

14. KPOM macrumors G5

Apparently they shouldn't release the phone until they have exactly enough of every single model for everyone and can accurately predict exactly how many of each they will sell each day. :D

15. AppleOne1 macrumors newbie

Yes they should not release the phone until they have the accessories to go with it. Would you buy a big screen tv if you could not buy the HDMI cable to go with it so you can use it to its full potential.

16. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Except every iPhone 5 comes with a lighting cable. So you can use it to its full potential.

For your analogy to be correct, it would be buying a big screen TV before a component-to-HDMI adapter became available (which, sorry, does not exist).

17. BuckDot macrumors member

Probably more accurate to say that you couldn't buy any EXTRA HDMI cables which isn't much better. In the meantime I have to take this LIGHTNING cord with me everywhere I go pretty much.

18. AppleOne1 macrumors newbie

The op didn't say lightning cable he said Lightning adapter.

19. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Your analogy is still flawed.

20. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

Thats like saying people shouldn't have bought HD tv's when there still wasn't HD content... which they still did BTW. And people bought HD tv's when they couldn't buy an HDMI cable because Component cables provided 720p

I get your point, but you used a bad example.

21. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Beat me to it! haha.

I guess he hates them $399.99 worth. :)

22. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

23. kalexn macrumors 6502

Why did you not just wait until you could get a 64gb? Normally those are the last to go and the stores normally run out of 16gbs quickly. So they did prepare, it just seems a lot of 64gb people went to that store. As for the accessories they probably went ahead and released it because everyone has been waiting for it. It'd rather have it and wait for all the accessories I want than not have it.

24. pjv1990 macrumors newbie

Don't companies sometimes deliberately create stock shortages so there is increased publicity and demand over a longer than usual period?

25. beowulfPKR macrumors newbie

They have plainly said the lightning adapters are not coming out until October. Not sure why you were expecting the store to have them. Anyway there's a whole bunch of generic's popping up on ebay so you might just try one of those.