Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by Aluminum213, Apr 20, 2018.
on iPhone X and after the latest update it constantly crashes and refreshes
On mine the Apple Music widget on the lock screen no longer shows the song progress anymore either. Stays at 0.00 and the bar doesn't move.
I just signed up for the free trial of Apple Music. I'm excited about having all those songs right at my fingertips, but the interface is absolutely dreadful.
That’s been a problem since 11.0
It was actually fixed for me in iOS 11.2.6 update, then broke again with 11.3.
It was great in iOS 9
I recently ended my sub for Apple Music after starting in 2015:
- As per above, the interface is terrible. There’s so much nesting of various albums and music stations that it’s hard to find everything that you’re entitled to. The app just feels too complicated to use. It’s not fun.
- music discovery is terrible. I can see why they want to buy Shazam.
- I got frustrated with my own music being replaced by the wrong iCloud music equivalents with no way to stop this. iCloud music is a nice touch but it does need a per song override.
- Following from this, I didn’t like the way it mixed my stuff with Apple Music. For me, music ownership is quite personal and I’d have appreciated there being more of a denarcation between what I owned and what I was subscribing too. I’m not sure how though!
The upshot is that I’m back on Spotify which is way more pleasurable to use and has amazing music discovery. The Music app is my legacy collection.
iOS 11 ruined everything. Just wait for iOS 12.
WWDC is going to be very interesting. It’s going to be a difficult one for Apple:
- iOS 11 has been a horror show. They need to show that 12 will be stability and (rumoured) privacy focussed.
- They need to also show that they have got over the bugs and delayed features (messages in the cloud) that characterised 11.x and show that they can deliver. And that they have a plan.
- macOS has been on maintenance mode for the last few years, arguably with just a few nips and tucks and iOS features added to it. That plus disappointing Mac hardware means the Mac faithful are restless.
- and to add to that, they’re likely going to have to convince devs to trust them with the Marzipan stuff...
It’s going to be a tough WWDC. I do think that apple will deliver. But they need to be humble and admit that they’ve learnt some lessons.
it's shocking how we've gone from incredible stability 5-6 years to yearly buggy trash
To be fair to the Apple of now, the early years of iOS had quite a lot of ‘low hanging fruit’ and many of the services were a good deal simpler than now.
I do think though that since the reset of iOS 7 (which was pretty buggy until its first major point update), iOS hasn’t handled complexity very well (except for the honourable exception of photos).
Before that, I remember iOS 5 being great and iOS 6 being pretty disappointing with no real new ideas and maps being terrible. So I don’t think it’s exactly the case that it’s only in the modern era that Apple has had issues. And let’s not forget MobileMe and ping!
I do hope that apple will take a break and focus on stability and privacy and improving the user experience of iOS. All signs are that they will.
I don't know, the forums prior to iOS 7 were filled with all kinds of people having all kinds of issues too.
--- Post Merged, Apr 23, 2018 ---
I'm excited to see if Tim throws in some humour about iMessage in the cloud or AirPlay 2 delays.
--- Post Merged, Apr 23, 2018 ---
‘And AirPlay 2 is still stuck on the runway!’
[no one laughs]
Welcome to all of Tim's jokes.
Looks like the lock screen Music widget is now fixed with 11.3.1.
lol Apple is ridiculous!
I'm on 11.1.2 and experience it sometimes and more often than I'd like to see it
It's working again now in 11.3.1 which was released yesterday. Maybe it will be broken again with 11.3.2