Apple Music. Can´t delete tracks from iTunes!

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by ApplesAOranges, Jul 2, 2015.

1. ApplesAOranges macrumors 6502

Jan 7, 2011
    Please help! This problem is starting to get pretty annoying, I´ve been trying to sort out this couple of days now googling and figuring it out myself, but no luck whatsoever.

Basically after the launch of Apple Music I wanted to start things from scratch. So I wanted to delete all music from my desktop iTunes and from my iPhone. Should be easy, right? No!

Well after fighting couple of days I´ve manage to delete the music and my libraries, but the iTunes is still showing some "ghost tracks", that I simply cannot delete. Both my desktop iTunes and iPhone libraries are completely empty, but when I connect my iPhone to sync with iTunes, iTunes shows some old playlist/library, which I can´t delete or edit at all. And if I sync new songs to my library, the new songs are not shown here, just this old "ghost library".

iTunes ---> iPhone ---> On My Device ---> Music (I want this emptied, but can´t)

So how can I empty and get rid of everything on this "on my device music" library?
  2. Otelm macrumors newbie

Nov 18, 2013
    My suggestion would be

• disable iCloud music library and iTunes match on the device
    • in itunes > iPhone > Settings (NOT "on my device") > turn sync music on and choose to sync only a subset of the library (maybe only one test track)
    • manually sync, now you should have only what you selected in the previous step shown in "on my device"
    • deselect everything in iPhone > settings > music and sync again
    I haven't done this myself with the new iTunes so I don't know if it would work. If this doesn't work, can you delete all your music from your phone in settings > general > usage > manage storage?