iPhone Apple Music deleted My Music and my playlists, but I don't have iCloud music library on.

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by SharpShooterMike, Nov 21, 2015.

1. SharpShooterMike, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015

SharpShooterMike macrumors newbie

SharpShooterMike

Ok, so yesterday I went to chill at my friend's house and wanted to play some music off Apple Music, but whenever I played a song it would just skip to the next song right away, over and over again until it got to a song marked for offline listening. I could only play my 3 Availible Offline songs, so I figured it was just my friend's wifi and didn't worry about it.
    Today, I was at home again and tried to play a song on Apple Music, but the same thing happened. The songs just kept skipping and wouldn't play. I logged out of Apple Music and back in, but then it said I wasn't an Apple Music member, which I am as part of the family plan. I looked online, and it said to log out of iCloud too and log back in. I did, and then Apple Music would Recognize me and play songs again, but all my playlists were gone!
    My Music and Playlists were both erased, and replaced with something like "find your favorite songs on iTunes, and listen to them here." I looked to Google again, which told me to turn off iCloud Music Library in Settings. However, this wasn't turned on in the first place, and I had no idea why everything deleted itself. Please help!

iOS 9.1, iPhone 6

2. SharpShooterMike thread starter macrumors newbie

SharpShooterMike

I fixed my own problem just now when I tried to add a song to My Music and a pop-up told me to turn on iCloud Music Library... I did and all my playlists came back.