Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Music Event - June 15th

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
MacWorld.co.uk reports that Apple Europe will present "a special music-focused event" in London on June 15, 2004.

The event is described:

"The biggest story in music is about to get even bigger," and is inviting selected members of the press to the event in London. The show starts at 11am.

Apple is rumored to launch iTunes Europe on that day. Some expect that Canada will also be included in the launch.

sun-ice

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2004
The begining...

on june 15th => apple music store Europe...

and next ...

xServe G5 are shipped in 4 week (according to the US apple Store) and between 7 to 10 days (according to Frensh apple Store)... :D

So G5 pb are out... and brand new G5 (hope up to dual G5 3.0GHz) can be sold to !!!

this will be a very good end of month !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

please:
new PM G5 all dual
new iMac G5
new LCD Screen
(and new PB G5 or new Newton ???)
please, please, please....

Comment

Phillip

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2003
does this mean new version of itunes? itunes 5.0, i mean, what a great way to announce it, you won't get much more media coverage than this...

Comment

howard

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2002
i'm interested to see how this will combine international music? i sure hope that US stuff can be bought by the rest of the world and more importantly to me, i can by music from the rest of the world

also, what do you think about new ipods..?? in eight days they will meet the average per update: 161

Comment

nesbitt_a

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2003
It'll be great to see the iTMS in the UK. I know that I won't us it though, would rather have the CDs personally.

The fact that they aren't launching this at the WWDC must mean that they are clearing the way for something else. Should be fun...

Andrew.

Comment

dimboo

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2003
Ghent, Belgium
What countries?

In what countries will the iTunes Music Store Europe will be available? The UK for sure, France and Germany. Other countries later? Hoping for Belgium from the start but not holding my breath.

Comment

MacMarino

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2003
Tokyo, Japan
So how many songs?

Im wondering if they will offer the same songs or if they will combine all the songs available from the USA and European iTunes together :rolleyes:

Macmarino

Comment

dekator

macrumors regular
May 18, 2002
Krautistan
If it is the 15th, it's coming none too soon. Now, with virtually everybody in Europe concerned with football (soccer, for the US) it may go without little publicity... however, if they manage to squeeze in some ads during halftime, there couldn't have been a better time... :rolleyes:

Comment

iHack

macrumors regular
MacsRgr8 said:
Gr8 news!

Too bad I'm occupied on that day by the European Championships football match between us and the Germans :D

That won't start until 20:45 CET, so you'll almost 9 hours to enjoy Euro iTMS. I hope it will be less then €1.29 per song tho. That's about $1.50 per song! Although... this would be in line with other Apple prices - this 1.5 factor seems to come up all the time... :(

Veldek said:
Is it 11 am London time?

What else would it be? Cupertino time?

my guess: it's Steve Time!

Comment

garybUK

Jun 3, 2002
Aparantly Toshiba has ramped up the 1" 4gb drives, maybe they will release the iPod Mini to the rest of the world as well now???

Comment

klaus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2004
Belgium
dimboo said:
In what countries will the iTunes Music Store Europe will be available? The UK for sure, France and Germany. Other countries later? Hoping for Belgium from the start but not holding my breath.

I'd like to know that too ;)

Comment

klaus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2004
Belgium
garybUK said:
Aparantly Toshiba has ramped up the 1" 4gb drives, maybe they will release the iPod Mini to the rest of the world as well now???

I guess they haven't been able to ramp it up that fast, that they can jump the schedule with a month..

but I do hope so :)

Comment

garybUK

Jun 3, 2002
klaus said:
I guess they haven't been able to ramp it up that fast, that they can jump the schedule with a month..

but I do hope so :)

Creative have managed to get the muvo2 4gb player out to the rest of the world, whereas apple havn't.. the only thing it has over the ipod mini is the battery life, its like double that of the ipod...

Hopefully they will anounce the uk/european music store and a ipod mini to go with it... personally i would buy the mini for my brothers birthday, but wont use the music store, i prefer cd's even if you do pay a little more, on a decent hifi the quality is more than noticable.

Comment

fixyourthinking

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
Greenville SC
iTunes Europe REAL impact

The iTunes Europe real impact will be made most prominent in Germany - finally David Hasselhoff downloads!!

Actually, the great thing about the iTunes Europe launch will be - what it will bring to the US.

If I'm not mistaken Napster only transferred its US catlog which is 200K songs less than iTunes US catalog

iTunes Europe has had a delayed launch because Apple is including 300K of European music.

This will benefit Apple in that it will add to their music library significantly.

Comment

dekator

macrumors regular
May 18, 2002
Krautistan
klaus said:
I'd like to know that too ;)

The easiest way to find out whether your particular European country will be part of the initial iTMSs Europe would be to check whether invitations have been sent to Mac-relevant sites, publications etc. I should think. That may not prove accurate but might be an indication.
Maybe, on the other hand, they negotiated a EU-wide/Eurozone + UK deal ?

Comment

fixyourthinking

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
Greenville SC
dopefiend said:
Its a bit cheaper, too.

The muvo 2 doesn't have solitare and brickles

The muvo2 doesn't have tight integration with iTunes

The muvo2 is USB - the iPod is firewire AND USB - the transfer times on Macs older than 1 year vs USB 1.1 or 2.0 - is magnitude of 3X faster!!!

The muvo2 is ugly

You do get what you pay for.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.