Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As of this afternoon, many developers and public beta testers running the latest iOS 8.4 beta are seeing popups for Apple's upcoming Apple Music service within the Music app.

applemusic1.jpg

When opening the app, there's a popup for Apple Music that prompts users to start a three month free trial. Tapping on that option leads to another screen that lets users choose either an individual plan for $9.99 for a family plan for $14.99, but there's no way to actually sign up for a plan. Choosing a plan simply grays out the option and does not allow users to progress further in the signup process.

applemusic2.jpg

These options have been showing up for some users since the latest iOS 8.4 beta was seeded yesterday morning, but many more users are now seeing signs of the Apple Music service as Apple begins to implement backend tools to support subscription signups at launch.

Apple Music will launch on June 30 as part of iOS 8.4, and it will be built into the Music app. The full Apple Music experience includes an on-demand streaming music service, the Beats 1 radio station, and Apple Connect, a social networking service connecting fans and artists.

Article Link: Signs of Apple Music Begin Showing Up in iOS 8.4 Beta Music App

darcyf

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2011
Toronto, ON
Anyone know how long the offer to start your free three month trial will last? I just started the Spotify three month for 99 cents offer and I'm hoping I can dovetail the two :D

Reactions: karthik2809

Peepo

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2009
I heard bad things about family sharing, hesitant to turn that on.
Also, forget family sharing for a bit and think of single-user, wonder if it will let you login to multiple devices on the same account simultaneously. I know spotify doesn't.

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Let's say you have one iTunes account with sub iCloud accounts. How is that gonna work. It's not family sharing so it would have to be individual but would out suggested tunes all be combined? I sure hope not.

Apple Knowledge Navigator

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2010
If you do this in the UK the app says the pricing is £9.99 and £14.99. Very interesting as Im pretty sure this hasn't been announced / mentioned anywhere yet, only the US pricing.

Thanks for the info :) A little disappointed they didn't go nearer £7-9, taking into account currency conversion, but I think £10 could still be justifiable. Plus, if iTunes Match subscribers like myself end that particular plan, then you're saving around £2 a month anyway.

The only problem I can forsee is data usage, and the need to upgrade my phone contract :(

Reactions: judethat and dilap

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
I'm looking forward to trying this out! I've been wanting a change in the way I pay to listen to music and this should be refreshing. (I've just been buying songs/albums via iTunes for the last several years.)

Reactions: judethat

leon44

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Thanks for the info :) A little disappointed they didn't go nearer £7-9, taking into account currency conversion, but I think £10 could still be justifiable. Plus, if iTunes Match subscribers like myself end that particular plan, then you're saving around £2 a month anyway.

The only problem I can forsee is data usage, and the need to upgrade my phone contract :(

It's important to remember that UK prices always include VAT at 20% while US prices do not include sales tax (as far as I'm aware). So we're really comparing $9.99 with £8.33 - which looks a lot better. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

frozen220

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2007
So, will the free iTunes Radio be going away when Apple Music launches? I hope not.

As of this afternoon, many developers and public beta testers running the latest iOS 8.4 beta are seeing popups for Apple's upcoming Apple Music service within the Music app.

applemusic1.jpg

When opening the app, there's a popup for Apple Music that prompts users to start a three month free trial. Tapping on that option leads to another screen that lets users choose either an individual plan for $9.99 for a family plan for $14.99, but there's no way to actually sign up for a plan. Choosing a plan simply grays out the option and does not allow users to progress further in the signup process.

applemusic2.jpg

These options have been showing up for some users since the latest iOS 8.4 beta was seeded yesterday morning, but many more users are now seeing signs of the Apple Music service as Apple begins to implement backend tools to support subscription signups at launch.

Apple Music will launch on June 30 as part of iOS 8.4, and it will be built into the Music app. The full Apple Music experience includes an on-demand streaming music service, the Beats 1 radio station, and Apple Connect, a social networking service connecting fans and artists.

Article Link: Signs of Apple Music Begin Showing Up in iOS 8.4 Beta Music App

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
Anyone know how long the offer to start your free three month trial will last? I just started the Spotify three month for 99 cents offer and I'm hoping I can dovetail the two :D

At WWDC they said it was from June until September (I guess until the release of iOS 9).

Reactions: darcyf

JTToft

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark
Has anyone been able to find positive information on whether the music streaming portion of Apple Music will be geographically restricted in any way? Experience suggests most new Apple services are US only initially, but I haven't seen any info from Apple this time...

chocolatesox

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
Milton Keynes , UK
Has anyone been able to find positive information on whether the music streaming portion of Apple Music will be geographically restricted in any way? Experience suggests most new Apple services are US only initially, but I haven't seen any info from Apple this time...

As far as I know, all we have at the moment is that it'll be launched 30 June in "100+ countries"

bliggs

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2012
Broken Arrow
I'm asking a serious question can most folks distinguish between 256 and 320?

I know people who claim that they can, but I cannot. Maybe I am just going deaf from too many years of listening to music cranked up in the car? Who knows. Anything above 256 is unnecessary IMO but to each his own.

tdar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2003
Johns Creek Ga.
Let's say you have one iTunes account with sub iCloud accounts. How is that gonna work. It's not family sharing so it would have to be individual but would out suggested tunes all be combined? I sure hope not.
Family Sharing allows for mixed account types. My Family account has myself as the master user with my iCloud user account as my user sign in and the master iTunes account as a sub account. Other family users are the same. They log in using their iCloud account and get access to the master iTunes account's purchases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.