Apple Music on the ATV4 and Internet Radio Stations

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by mic j, Dec 10, 2015.

1. mic j macrumors 68030

Have the ATV4, have Apple Music (paid version) and cannot find internet radio stations. Anyone know where they are hidden (or if they even exist)?

On Apple Music on my MBP I have a playlist with local radio station internet feeds. I can AirPlay them to the ATV4 from my MBP. But if I go to the playlists tab in Apple Music on the ATV, that playlist is not there. If I go to Computer and look in Music the playlist is there but there is nothing in it.

Can anyone help me out with this?

2. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I'd be VERY happy if Tune In Radio Pro would be available on ATV. I know that there is an app available that streams radio stations, but I can't remember the name of it.

3. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

Possible myTuner Pro...? It's OK, but doesn't display track info, just the logo for the radio station. It also doesn't have the ability to login into your myTuner account with your favorites, etc.

TuneIn Pro works very well using native AirPlay streaming, at least for now -- can't imagine them not coming out with an app at some point. They're currently dredging-bottom with the release of a Windows Phone 10 app, ATV4 can't be too far behind ;-)

4. JoeShades macrumors 6502a

5. mic j thread starter macrumors 68030

I tried both myTuner (free, as pro not available for aTV) and Receiver. By far, Receiver is a better app. Why? The biggie: it allows me to add a station to "Favorites" while myTuner requires you to search for a station each time you want to play it. Also, 1) it displays the song being played with it's album art, 2) it knows your location an has a tab of local radio stations (where myTuner requires you to put in your country and city from a long list). So basically Receiver has a much higher level of development vs myTuner. I think Receiver is definitely worth $0.99.

I wish the aTV Apple Music had kept streaming internet radio station functionality of the iTunes version but I guess I understand Apples push toward apps to accomplish these things rather than it all being baked into Apples software.

6. JoeShades macrumors 6502a