Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Music Renaming 'Get Up! Mix' to 'Workout Mix'

Philip_S

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2020
Interesting, seeing they are used on your preferences. the playlists are very well selected for me
I've found that New Music can't understand that I almost never like hip-hop tracks and hate "post folk" or whatever that genre is called (think Regina Spektor). It doesn't do as good a job with metal sub-genres than Get Up does, though that is more understandable, as is not having figured out what the rock and pop tracks I like have in common.

OTOH, only Favourites has given me the same track (not a favourite, or even close to my top played for the year) every week for a couple of months.

Comment

jicon

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2004
Toronto, ON
Get Up!, Favorites, and Chill Mix on a Sunday morning are my go tos... Though my 'own' radio station works exceptionally well over time. My only complaint? Alright, I like ONE Pearl Jam song. Stop. Suggesting. The others. 100 dislikes later, and I'm still being suggested Pearl Jam songs. Why?

• Haha
Reactions: amartinez1660
Comment

amartinez1660

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2014
I am getting mostly Kpop music in my get up mix recommendation. The music is a nice way to perk up a Monday morning, but I am not really going to work out to it. Just saying...
Agreed, the “get up mix” title actually made me click on it and be pleasantly surprised.

Were it to be named Workout since the beginning and I wouldn’t have tapped on it ever as I would have imagined some Gym saloon group dancing trainer style of music.

Reactions: Abazigal
Comment

amartinez1660

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2014
I actually canceled my Spotify subscription a week ago. Mostly because I felt that paying for both and barely using either was a bit stupid.

I did however forget to state my reason for canceling as “you are messing with JRE”..

Spotify has better music discovery for me. The GetUp playlist is alright but I find it funny that they put 10 trance songs first and then a random radio pop song and finishes the list with 11 metal/rock songs.

Most that I dont like.
Dislike the heck out of them and like those that you do until it will finally start filling your music playlists with mostly what you might like. There will also be some hit or miss “mutant” songs sprinkled over which will be key for exploring and discovering. That’s been my experience so far.

Sometimes it will act up and give you a 100% garbage playlist... I go through the pains of doing a pass through re-listen to make sure to tap dislike if I didn’t while it was playing the first time.

Last edited:
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.