Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Music Was Second Biggest Global Music Streaming Service in 2019

jasoncarle

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2006
Minnesota
To the guy that says he never listens to new music... This album was released on the 21st of February 2020 and its amazing. You would have missed it by continually listening to the same old albums over and over and over...
RoonShareImage-637218095698387460.png

Reactions: Brenster
Comment

ostrykolesz

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
Poland
I tried practically all of them. The best one in my opinion (not mentioning quality, Tidal wins in that department) is YouTube Music. Yes you get YouTube without ads... but you also get the best music discovery algorithm. The Apple Music algorithm I just horrible.

Reactions: BMox81
Comment

vault

macrumors regular
May 3, 2009
I tried practically all of them. The best one in my opinion (not mentioning quality, Tidal wins in that department) is YouTube Music. Yes you get YouTube without ads... but you also get the best music discovery algorithm. The Apple Music algorithm I just horrible.
Also the best search by far. And it's youtube, so it has pretty much everything that was ever recorded.

Comment

ingambe

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2020
Also the best search by far. And it's youtube, so it has pretty much everything that was ever recorded.

Have You tried deezer ? They are really good and the sound quality is good
For me the problem of YT Music is that sometimes it gives me a wrong version of a song but you are right their algorithm are on spot !

Comment

Jt69yupper

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2015
Have You tried deezer ? They are really good and the sound quality is good
For me the problem of YT Music is that sometimes it gives me a wrong version of a song but you are right their algorithm are on spot !

Deezer has a 2000 song like limit....

Comment

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003
You could actually spend a few bucks and subscribe to the premium service and avoid the ads.;)

Fair enough. I could, but then again, when a service does things like intentionally making their ads ridiculously loud, it makes me consider whether they're a company I want to do business with. If advertisers come ahead of the customer experience, I'm not sure that's the right music service for me.

Comment

jasoncarle

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2006
Minnesota
Fair enough. I could, but then again, when a service does things like intentionally making their ads ridiculously loud, it makes me consider whether they're a company I want to do business with. If advertisers come ahead of the customer experience, I'm not sure that's the right music service for me.

You could sign up for Qobuz or Tidal and not have any ads, at all... ever.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.