Apple Names Andrea Jung to Board of Directors

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Aniej, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

Apple has named Andrea Jung to its Board of Directors. Ms. Jung is the CEO of Avon Products, about which I have provided a brief description below care of Google Finance. Apple's press release can be found here.

While I'm more indifferent about this addition to the Board of Directors, I am a bit puzzled about what it is that Apple seeks to derive from her contribution to the company's governance. I understand why Schmidt, Gore, and literally every other member of the Board was asked to join, but just don't get the angle Jung brings. In reaching for some reasoned basis for her inclusion, the closest I get is the high end design and consumer market, but even then it seems to be a bit of a stretch.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Google Finance description of Avon Products, Inc. - a global manufacturer and marketer of beauty and related products. Its products fall into three product categories: Beauty, which consists of cosmetics, fragrances, skin care and toiletries (CFT); Beauty Plus, which consists of fashion jewelry, watches, apparel and accessories, and Beyond Beauty, which consists of home products and gift and decorative products. Sales from Health and Wellness products and mark., a global cosmetics brand that focuses on the market for young women, are included among these three categories based on product type. Its business is conducted worldwide primarily in one channel, direct selling. The Company’s segments are based on geographic operations in six regions: North America; Latin America; western Europe, Middle East & Africa; Central & Eastern Europe; Asia Pacific, and China.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.