Apple needs to find a way to bring back the status bar symbols

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boshii, Nov 6, 2017.

1. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

It's a step backwards to take these away. I didn't realize how useful these were until they were taken away on the X. I was missing notifications and didn't realize it until I swiped down from the right corner to see that my phone was on Do Not Disturb the whole time. It was also reassuring to see the clock icon up top letting you know your alarm was set before going to bed. I love everything about my X except this.

2. Cryates macrumors 68020

Cryates

I actually don't understand why the couldn't have put the alarm symbol and DND symbol next to the time. They would have made sense there.

3. PastaPrimav macrumors 6502a

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

A lot of times in software development when things go through a major change, we have to take away things that we don't think people really need or care about. If there is enough feedback to the contrary, it will come back. If there isn't, then it won't. Sometimes it is hard to know if a seemingly unimportant feature has value or not.

4. boshii thread starter macrumors 68040

boshii

Already done. Thank you for posting this for others.

5. DJLC macrumors 6502a

DJLC

Totally agreed. Maybe DND / Alarms could replace the location services icon next to the time — I know what's allowed to use my location, and I don't necessarily care when it's being used actively. It'd be really nice if they opened up a few customizations there, even if it was only setting what single icon would appear beside the time.

Also saw a bug yesterday; the right ear on my home screen would only show the band ("LTE"). No bars or battery. Seems to have stopped by itself, but that was also pretty irritating for a while.

6. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Same, I realized how I miss the alarm feature when I couldn't see the symbol before bed last night.

7. jimmy_uk macrumors 6502a

jimmy_uk

I had a bug where the battery, WiFi symbol and signal bars where all touching until I rebooted.