Apple no longer shipping any other bumper color besides BLACK!?

mrblack927

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
This is getting ridiculous. Now Apple basically got rid of all the bumper colors except for black. Black is the only color available for the "free case" program and no bumpers are for sale outside of that program. So I can't buy a different color even if I wanted to pay them $30 for it. They're effectively discontinued for now.

I know they'll come back eventually (with the white iPhone) but for now it's "You can have any iPhone you want, as long as it's a black iPhone with a black bumper". Thanks Apple. :(

mackiep

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2010
Apple...

I'm disappointed with the available cases. I think I might just wait it out and see if they eventually put the color bumpers back on.

Charadis

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2010
Instead of wasting time producing several colors, it would be cheaper for Apple to bulk manufacture one color (quite possibly the cheapest color) in order to fill as many requests as possible.

The other colors may come as a premium: the point is, they are fulfilling their promise with a cost effective solution.

-C

Sent from my iPhone 4.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
i am lucky, i bought me a sky blue one hours before the free case program was announced, so i got my choice of colour and then recieved my refund last night. i do fancy getting a lime green one when i can though.

mrblack927

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
i am lucky, i bought me a sky blue one hours before the free case program was announced, so i got my choice of colour and then recieved my refund last night. i do fancy getting a lime green one when i can though.
That is lucky. What bothers me is that once again Apple was needlessly deceptive. If you visited their website any time last week and looked at the bumpers, all 6 colors were listed as "$0.00" with a notice saying that free bumpers would be available through a special program soon. NOT just the black one... all of them. This is just like when Apple didn't mention anything about the white iPhone not being available ahead of time. They just put up the preorder page and said "not available". All I'm asking for is a little heads up. :eek:

MotleyGrrl

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
Chicago, IL
Glad Iwas able to get my pink one when I did, although I am not too crazy about the lighter shade of pink. I'd love to get a green one, but I guess I'm gonna have to wait until iphone 5!!!