Apple no longer shipping any other bumper color besides BLACK!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrblack927, Jul 23, 2010.

1. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

This is getting ridiculous. Now Apple basically got rid of all the bumper colors except for black. Black is the only color available for the "free case" program and no bumpers are for sale outside of that program. So I can't buy a different color even if I wanted to pay them $30 for it. They're effectively discontinued for now.

I know they'll come back eventually (with the white iPhone) but for now it's "You can have any iPhone you want, as long as it's a black iPhone with a black bumper". Thanks Apple. :(

2. mackiep macrumors newbie

Apple...

I'm disappointed with the available cases. I think I might just wait it out and see if they eventually put the color bumpers back on.

3. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Instead of wasting time producing several colors, it would be cheaper for Apple to bulk manufacture one color (quite possibly the cheapest color) in order to fill as many requests as possible.

The other colors may come as a premium: the point is, they are fulfilling their promise with a cost effective solution.

-C

Sent from my iPhone 4.

4. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Are there any color options on any of the other cases, or is it all basically black or clear options?

5. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

i am lucky, i bought me a sky blue one hours before the free case program was announced, so i got my choice of colour and then recieved my refund last night. i do fancy getting a lime green one when i can though.

6. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

Watch out - you have to buy within 30 days of iPhone 4 purchase (or by 22 August if you already have one)

7. mrblack927 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

That is lucky. What bothers me is that once again Apple was needlessly deceptive. If you visited their website any time last week and looked at the bumpers, all 6 colors were listed as "$0.00" with a notice saying that free bumpers would be available through a special program soon. NOT just the black one... all of them. This is just like when Apple didn't mention anything about the white iPhone not being available ahead of time. They just put up the preorder page and said "not available". All I'm asking for is a little heads up. :eek:

8. nate1220 macrumors member

my case ships oct 20. LOL i have to wait 3 months for a damn case?.....

9. livingonvideo13 macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

Just go buy an official Apple bumper on ebay for $70.

10. ARSC macrumors 6502

11. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

Glad Iwas able to get my pink one when I did, although I am not too crazy about the lighter shade of pink. I'd love to get a green one, but I guess I'm gonna have to wait until iphone 5!!!

12. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

No big deal. You can buy ALL of the colored bumpers on eBay for $30 combined.