iPad Apple no longer signing 5.0.1, but is restore still possible?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by vega07, Mar 12, 2012.

1. vega07 macrumors 65816

I'm currently on 5.0.1 and want to restore and re-jailbreak before giving my iPad 2 to my brother.

Is this possible, now that Apple is no longer signing 5.0.1?

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

3. vega07 thread starter macrumors 65816

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

NO means NO

downgrades are not possible on the A5 chip because there is no low level exploit available to make it possible.

Under certain conditions non-A5 devices can do because the A4 chip has a low level exploit: limera1n

not the iPad2

5. intofx macrumors regular

http://www.jailbreakqa.com/questions/95500/how-to-restore-501-when-51-is-the-only-option-on-itunes

download iFaith (if on a PC, if on a Mac you will use redsnow), dump your blobs and create a pre-signed firmware using iFaith....put your device into pwn DFU then open itunes, hold shift, then hit restore, you will then navigate to the new custom firmware and select it and restore.

If on a Mac you will need to create a stitched 5.0.1 firmware with Redsnow using saved shsh, then once created you will do the hold Option and hit restore in itunes and navigate to the custom stitched ipsw.

6. vega07 thread starter macrumors 65816

Woah this sounds too good to be true!

Did you try it already? And will this stitched OS have any bugs? The reason I want to restore is because I used the first iteration of absinthe and that rendered the iPad extremely buggy.

7. Dav1 macrumors 6502

What is so hard to understand about no means no? Your iPad2 has an A5 processor it doesn't have some other processor, nor is it an iPhone4, an iPod Touch 2 or an iPad1. Can you jailbreak your iPad with the same tools as one can jailbreak an iPad1? Of course not. It doesn't matter to you what some one can or can not do with their iPhone 4, or iPod Touch 2. If you take the time to read the link you were given you'll see the device this worked for was an iPhone4, that is NOT an iPad anything....

8. TriJetHero, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012

TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

I is to good to be true…

iFaith and Redsn0w only works on A4 devices such as the IP4, because it uses the limera1n exploit which doesn't work on the A5 chip in the iPad2

9. bufffilm, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012

bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

for only the umpteenth time...faith doesn't work on the ipad 2. i love how people who don't have a clue on what actually works or not, then giving [bad] advice to others. seriously dude, if you don't know...then kindly don't reply...let someone who does know, post instead.
    as for the OP, having saved your 5.x blobs doesn't mean squat right now. if you saved your 4.3.3 blob, you could downgrade to 4.3.3 and then JB again. but you're SOL as far as re-JB'ing to 5.01

10. vega07 thread starter macrumors 65816

Not to be disrespectful, but take a breather.

I didn't go on here to get lectured. Having been under stress because of finals on Friday, I misread 4 to be 4S.