Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has taken its online storefront down in order to prepare for the launch of the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus pre-orders, which will begin at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time or 3:01 a.m. Eastern Time on Saturday, September 12. Pre-orders will be available on Apple's site, via the Apple Store app, and on several carrier sites.

applestoredownmessage-800x348.jpg

Ahead of when pre-orders kick off, people planning to make a purchase should check their upgrade eligibility and pricing options on Apple's website, using the new "Get ready for pre-order" tool.

Apple will accept pre-orders in first wave launch countries including Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Singapore, the UK, and the United States.

The iPhone 6s is available in 16, 64, and 128 GB capacities in the United States for $199, $299, and $399, respectively, with a two-year contract. Contract-free pricing begins at $649. Apple's higher-priced iPhone 6s Plus is available in 16, 64, and 128 GB capacities for $299, $399, and $499, respectively, with a two-year contract. Contract-free pricing on the larger-screened device starts at $749.

iphone6s-6sp-select-2015.jpg

Apple is also offering its own iPhone Upgrade Program in the United States, letting users pay a monthly fee for their iPhone with a trade-in option available after 12 months of payments. Pricing, which includes AppleCare+, starts at $32.41 per month for the entry-level 16GB iPhone 6s and goes up from there. Participating in this program requires an in-store purchase, but Apple is accepting online reservations at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time on September 12 for in-store appointments.

Article Link: Apple's Online Store Down Ahead of iPhone 6s and 6s Plus Pre-Orders

Santabean2000

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2007
I'm up for a new 6s. Can't wait.

I might have bought the Plus, but it's just that much more expensive; think I'll go the 6s 128GB instead - 4K, 'live' photos...

Reactions: iAbc21

jclo

Managing Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
Yeah seems super early as we still have 6 hrs to go.

It's down approximately three hours before it usually goes down. Could potentially come back up and go down again, we're not sure if this is the final downtime, but seems likely right now.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Did in store pickup last year, it was the best thing ever! Didn't read an option for it but I'm sure they would have it again .

I wouldn't assume they would have it again for a couple reasons. They didn't do it for the 4s/5s and this year in-store pickups are going to be reservations for the iPhone upgrade program.

TheLazy

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2012
No chance they start selling early. I'd also be surprised if this year wasn't a lot smoother than last year.
They wont start before 12 but maybe the site will go up before without the option to "check out".....that actually sounds like a nightmare as far as "who clicked first"

marddin

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2009
I went to load my info on the Apple Store app and freaked out due to "We'll be right back" message. Refreshed front page and saw this. Phew!

jtrenda33

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
Anyone know how online pre-orders work as far as getting the phone on launch day? Is there usually an option to ship it or do you have to pick it up in store?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.