Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today confirmed on its website that it will be opening its second retail store in Turkey this Saturday, October 25. The store will be located in Istanbul's Akasya Shopping Mall, and follows the opening of the Zorlu Center Apple Store earlier this year which saw an appearance by Apple's manager of retail stores Steve Cano.

akasya_hero.jpg
Photos of the new location shared by Apple Toolbox earlier this month revealed that the store will be on one of the mall's middle floors. Apple's Zorlu Center store was noted for carrying a unique design when it opened this past April, as the company touted its cubic design with a glass ceiling and glass sides. The Zorlu Center store also uses more glass than any previous Apple Store and contains special glass materials that allow the sunlight in the open area of the mall to shine through.

Apple's new store in Istanbul's Akasya Shopping Mall opens at 10:00 AM local time on October 25. Apple revealed during its Q4 2014 conference call yesterday that it will open 25 new stores in 2015, with the majority of those stores being opened outside of the U.S.

Article Link: Apple Opening Second Retail Store in Turkey This Saturday, October 25

clone1612

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2014
Still no store in Belgium. We have the capital of the EU, headquarters of NATO, etc. but an Apple Store? No. You would think that all those diplomats would be a nice market.

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
Still no store in Belgium. We have the capital of the EU, headquarters of NATO, etc. but an Apple Store? No. You would think that all those diplomats would be a nice market.

Still none in Denmark as well. We have 3rd party "authorised dealers" but they suck!

mafaky

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
The first apple store the zorlu center is awesome, apple should built the apple store like that one everywhere
Have you seen the place with your bare eyes? Or, are you only judging from the photos?

----------

Well, the fact is this second store opening on 25th is located on the Asian side of Istanbul and will not be s big as the first one opened earlier this year!... In my opinion, the Asian side deserved a larger area Applestore, but I guess Apple Turkey was more influenced with the location and infrastructure of the Akasya Shopping Mall, where this 2nd store will be opening.

In my opinion, Istanbul (with an estimated population of 13 million plus, sitting on two continents) actually needs at least one more "large sized" Applestore. In addition to that other towns in Turkey (like the capital city Ankara and the Aegean port city Izmir) also need at least one full size Applestore.

My apologies to those guys in Belgium, Denmark, Poland and other countries where AppleStores are not yet present!...:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.