Apple or Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bhigh8, Oct 6, 2012.

1. bhigh8 macrumors 6502

I'm waiting for my Oct 13th upgrade date and was wondering who do i order my phone from. I'm wanting it as early as possible obviously but i am more concerned that if I have issues who do i return to. I do not have an apple store in my area so if for any reason it is scratched, can i return to verizon or do i call apple. I would prefer to go through apple as i just dont like the service of my verizon store. but opening it at that store would allow me to review it first.

2. bks691 macrumors regular

I would buy it from Apple! Verizon will try to squirm out of any situation. They only want your money.

3. bhigh8 thread starter macrumors 6502

this is what i would prefer but if i have issues with the phone, can i take to verizon or do i mail back to apple. i dont have one within 2 hrs of me. thats what im scared of. it will already take me 3 weeks to 5 weeks to get it and dont know what happens if something is wrong with phone.

i am concerned cause i bought a phone from BB once and it was messed up and didnt have more in stock and verizon wouldnt replace since i bought at a different store.

4. hokiepokie07 macrumors 6502a

I'm in the same boat. Although, our Best Buy store now has Apple in it. My contract is supposed to end next week, but I checked my eligibility on Apple.com and it said I could order it now. I checked it again on Verizon and still not until next week. Not the end of the world though. I've had every iPhone and (knock on wood) have not had any major issues with them that warranted me having to ship it back. I would assume if it came down to it, you could mail it to Apple if they needed to fix it. I've always ordered mine through Apple though.

5. bhigh8 thread starter macrumors 6502

anyone else have to decide on this. Apple seems like they have their S*** together but i would like to have verizon see me open so they believe me. and then i can leave with one looking and running nice.

I'm so nervous that i will be waiting forever. I already have screen protector and case purchased. just waiting til the 13th so i can order and wait more.

6. lawlbringer macrumors regular

Definitely Apple if you can get one through Apple. I went through Radioshack for mine and had issues when trying to exchange my scuffed phone.

Plus, the employees at the Apple store aren't complete morons(most of the time, at least.) They must pay them more than minimum wage, unlike Best Buy/Radioshack/Carrier Outlets/etc.

7. bhigh8 thread starter macrumors 6502

okay, so lets say i order through apple onlne. if it has scuffs or issues, what do i do. contact apple? and they will send out another? and i would assume that would take awhile. just curious. chances are there will be no issues but some of the messages here scare me. what will apple do?

----------

also, can i order before the 13th. thats my upgrade date with Verizon.

8. mrgossett macrumors 6502

I'm in the same boat. My upgrade date is 10/14. I had planned to order from Apple, but I wonder if I would get it any quicker from Verizon. As far as returning one with any damage, I would rather do that through Apple. I've been an Apple fan and user as long as there has been an Apple, and I've never had a problem returning anything.

9. bhigh8 thread starter macrumors 6502

do you ship it back to them? i dont have one close by. and would they replace mine without seeing it?

seems like apples website will let me order now. wonder if its faster than verizon?

10. bhigh8 thread starter macrumors 6502

is apple taking the full 3-4 weeks for shipping like the website says. anyone know how long verizon is taking.

11. hokiepokie07 macrumors 6502a

I ordered mine last week through Apple and the ship date is November 7 - 14.

12. nepaiphone macrumors newbie

My experience withe Verizon has never been pleasant. Apple has awesome customer service and that is one thing Verizon used to have but has gone down hill quickly as of late. IMO buy thru apple and "if" you have an issue call them, one of my co-workers had an issue shortly after receiving his 5 and they sent him a new phone right away he didn't have to wait several weeks (btw there was nothing wrong with his phone he just thought there was...lol-techtard)

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

All warranty, repairs or replacement is done by Apple no matter where you buy it.
    You will either have to go to Apple or mail it to them.
    Verizon doesn't replace them under warranty, only if you return it before the 14 days are up and order another one and wait for it. I doubt they will have any in stock either.

14. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Apple will let you upgrade early. I tried to get my early upgrade with Verizon like I have always done and they said they can't with an iPhone. I bought it thru apple 2 days before my upgrade was available, but I was able to order it over a week before I was due with apple.

15. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

If for any reason you decide you want to return the phone, ordering through apple will save you hassle and money.

16. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

+1 to that. My wife ordered through VZW, had issues, got on the horn with AppleCare & got a replacement ASAP.

17. vipJj123 macrumors member

Verizon will have a 14 day return policy with a restocking fee. Apple will have 30 day return policy with no restocking fee. If you have issues, regardless where it is bought, call Apple, send that one back, and they will send a new one.

18. Generik777 macrumors regular

Generik777

Go through verizon unless you want to wait until november to get your phone. Ordering through verizon will get your phone shipped 2-4 days after ordering it unless you go for the 16 which still has quite a long wait. The 32 and 64 are shipping out really quick regardless of the oct 26th date verizon is giving. I just ordered a 32 and had a 26th ship date but still had it shipped 2 days after my order last wednesday.

19. gentlefury macrumors 68030

order for pickup.

I've gotten 2 that way.

20. Bugeyeblue macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

Has anyone ordered a 16 gb through either apple or Verizon in the last couple weeks? I'm looking to order one and was curious who's sending them out the quickest.

21. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I say go the vzw route. They seem to ship them out quicker.

22. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Considering they posted back in October '12, I think it's safe to say they already have their phone in hand.

23. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

My bad didn't notice :-/

24. SC54HI macrumors member

SC54HI

Bumping because I have a similar question: should we buy new iPhones at Apple or VZW? We'll be eligible for upgrades in July & can wait a bit to see how the 5/5s choice pans out. We'd like to go the route with the least trouble & most reliable customer service which, I'm sorry to say, VZW doesn't seem to care much about any more. I prefer to buy in person rather than ordering online from VZW although I'd be willing to order online from Apple to pick up at the store.

We have a local mall with both an Apple Store & a VZW corporate store so access/convenience aren't issues. Have already decided that we'll dump TEC/Asurion with the new upgrade & go with AC+ so if we buy them at the Apple Store will the new devices be added to our VZW account without difficulties? If need be, of course, I could walk down the mall to the VZW store to double-check on account issues but I'd rather not get the phones from VZW if possible.

Thanks for any advice!

25. keitarou macrumors 6502

Apple Store. Better service.