Apple Paying up to $345 in store credit for 4S'

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gpatrick15, Aug 29, 2012.

1. gpatrick15 macrumors regular

Thought those interested in selling their 4S might be interested in this:

http://www.bgr.com/2012/08/29/apple-64-gb-iphone-4s-trade-in-offer-345-dollars/

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Not a bad deal, maybe... how much do they knock off that price for a 32GB or 16GB?

3. M87 macrumors 65816

$285 for 16GB. I'm locked in with Gazelle at $280 until October so I don't have to go iPhoneless at any point. FYI, I checked maybe a week ago and Amazon was offering significantly more than anywhere else, but they pay in the form of an amazon gift card.

4. Applejuiced, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

How much can you get for a 16GB unlocked 4S on ebay or CL nowadays?

5. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

I was offered $235 for my white 16gb 4S on the apple website. I'm going the Craigslist option since I can get at least $400.

6. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I compared this offer with Gazelle and they offer about the same price so i'm gonna say trading it in to Apple is the best deal.

7. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Or just sell it to anyone on Craigslist for $400 for the 16gb .. and only goes up from there

8. esploded macrumors regular

I have my 32GB Black AT&T iPhone 4S up for sale on CL for $450, in near perfect condition with 2 cases (incipio, switcheasy) but nobody is biting.

Any advice?

9. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I'll make more on CL. Guess it won't be as painless.....but worth it.

10. chasers macrumors newbie

I'm planning on selling my Sprint iPhone 64GB White soon. Any idea what I can get for it on CL? Didn't see many Sprint iPhones listed.

11. albertxp06 macrumors regular

Sell on Amazon? I just sold my iPhone 4 Unlocked for $400 there. Sure, they take some commission, but I still come out on top.

The lowest Amazon price for a used 32GB 4S (locked) is around $440.
    By sell, I mean through the Amazon marketplace, not trade in.

12. esploded macrumors regular

The thing is though, on the Amazon Marketplace, there are a ton of policies you have to abide by regarding returns. So if somebody buys my iPhone, sees that a new one is coming and returns it, I'm out of luck and money. (I might be being paranoid here, but the supposed launch date is rapidly approaching).

13. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

If no one takes the offer you may have to drop the price a little bit. You could probably get $450 on ebay but you'll only net probably around $420-430 for it after all the fees.

14. Geckotek, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012

Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Login and refresh your ad every 2 days. In fact, I keep 2 accounts (2 different e-mail addresses) so I can have 2 ads that I rotate refreshing every other day. Also, try to refresh it early in the morning, most ppl surf CL from work after getting their coffee and settling in. You want to make sure your ad is refreshed and toward the top when everyone is on.

15. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

Glad you mentioned that! I do the same thing, but I had forgot all about it.

16. skasol macrumors 6502

This is good. I didn't even know you could refresh ads on CL.

17. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

You have to create an account and login. I think the limit is every 48 hours (the reason I keep 2 accounts).

Edit: OH, and make sure you have several good pictures of your phone. If you have the box, paperwork, and cables be sure to include pictures of them as well as your case. I ignore ads w/ no pics.

18. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I don't have two accounts, but I do follow these steps as well and I can say from experience that it works out rather nicely. Though now I may make a second account as it's a good idea.

19. esploded macrumors regular

I think Amazon and Ebay take around 10% commission, which drops it significantly. I'm just disappointed that my cases ($50) don't really add to the value, haha.

Thanks for the tip, I didn't know I could refresh ads! Does it matter if I'm using the same pics for both ads or will it be moderated/banned?

20. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I've never been moderated/banned, but I always make sure I post/refresh them a day apart.

Using the same pics is no issue. I do change up the subject just a bit....re-order the words. Probably not necessary, but something I started doing before creating accounts and trying to get past the filter that checks for duplicate ads.

21. esploded macrumors regular

I guess there's no way to formally refresh the post, so I went ahead and deleted my original posting. I'll write up a new one in the morning, thanks for your help! I'm pretty desperate to sell cause it'll be any day now that Apple announces a conference.

22. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Be sure to create an account when posting the new one. The refresh option will appear 48 hours after your original post.

23. honeygirl macrumors member

If I can buy iphone 4s for 345 in my county, I think it will be wonderful!

I know it's impossible...:(

24. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Last minute bidding war can drive the price up higher than otherwise on ebay (especially if you unlock it and sell internationally) and that helps defray the fees. People buying through CL avoid this and naturally expect to save a few bucks.

Not everyone uses a case so don't expect them to add any value.

You can jailbreak and unlock it if you want to add value.

----------

Being desperate will only cause you to cave in to a lower price. If you jailbreak and unlock it, you can get $450ish for your 32GB on ebay about a month AFTER the new iPhone streets.

25. ElZeus macrumors regular