iPad Pro Apple Pencil 2 with USB typc C port?

The Game 161

macrumors Core
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
if rumours are true surely this will happen to charge the pencil. I know I only use my current pencil to charge as not sure where the adapter to charge even is.

Be interesting what improvements we will see to the pencil

Reactions: LordCoe13

LordCoe13

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2014
Chicago, IL
I wish it also had wireless charging capability. That way, my desk can have AirPower to charge my Phone, AirPods, and Pencil if I lay it down when not in use. (watch would be on my wrist instead).

Greenmeenie

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2013
I hope they let the gen 2 Apple Pencil charge wirelessly thru the magnetic connector somehow rather than doing what they did with the first gen Apple Pencil. Having to take off the cap(which can be lost) and sticking the pencil into the lightning port where it can snap off is not ideal.

PeteS1963

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Why would there be any port - for charging or ortherwise? I’m guessing that wireless charging will be the only option and Apple Pencil 2 will basically be solid. Like a traditional pencil.

lansQ

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2018
Nope, it will pair wirelessly and if won't charge wirelessly through the new magnetic connector then it will have a female port of some sort.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I hope they let the gen 2 Apple Pencil charge wirelessly thru the magnetic connector somehow rather than doing what they did with the first gen Apple Pencil. Having to take off the cap(which can be lost) and sticking the pencil into the lightning port where it can snap off is not ideal.
I have always hated to charge the pencil by plugging into the port. New iPad could use USB-C which mean the pencil will charge via a doggle.

PeteS1963

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
I thought that the rumour was that the Apple Pencil 2 would have AirPod like pairing. If that’s the case then why would you need to plug it in to your iPad?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.