Apple PreOrder CC question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Edge1978, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Edge1978 macrumors 6502

I don't have a credit card available so my cousin is allowing me to use his to try and preorder for in-store pickup, He asked me if he has to be there with me when I picked it up (which would mean taking a break from work) but I wasn't sure as I've never does this before... Does he? :confused:

2. VandyChem2009 macrumors 6502a

VandyChem2009

Unless you have the same name as your cousin, he will need to be there. Yes there are exceptions some people get lucky with lazy Genius' but if you want to be safe you need to have your cousin with you.

3. Edge1978 thread starter macrumors 6502

No, I don't have the same name sadly LOL

Ok I wasn't sure.

4. Edge1978 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry to be a pain, but sadly my cousin can't leave work tomorrow and fortunately I was able to snag a black 16Gb iPhone 5. However my question is now, can I change payment when I get down there? (i.e. have them refund my cousins CC since he can't be there) and just pay cash?

5. jekyoo macrumors 6502

I had success in the past but it may differ for you. When me and my gf bought iPads, I was able to do the pick up for her even though it was purchased on her CC. I just provided all the information when I came there. Email of the order #, CC info and ID. This was on launch day also.

6. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

Can't you and your cousin just go after work? Most Apple stores are open until 9pm. You can't do anything with the order if it's in his name, without him being present. Your best bet would be to call the Apple store tomorrow, and tell them you can't make it in, and ask them to hold it one more day for you. I've heard of a few stores who have been willing to hold it an extra day if you call them.

7. Edge1978 thread starter macrumors 6502

I would if I could but his shift is 10-10 unfortunately. But I will call tomorrow to see if they could hold it one more day. Thanks :)

----------

Thanks, the primary account holder is me. And it does say that the primary holder can pick up the phone. But with the Apple store being an hour and a half away I'd be too worried that it'd be a waste of time seeing the CC info is his. :(

8. jekyoo macrumors 6502

I would call ahead to find out. I saw that in the email also so I don't think you should have any problems. If they give you any problems, just show them the email that they even said you can.

9. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

Any luck?

10. Edge1978 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thankfully my cousin was able to take an extended lunch break to go with me, and the first thing they did was ask for the ID LOL so I am glad he came with me. :)