Apple Previews New Champs-Élysées Store in Paris, Opening This Sunday

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 15, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today officially announced its latest retail store, Apple Champs-Élysées in Paris, located on one of the French city's most iconic streets. The store opens on Sunday and will replace the nearby Apple Carrousel du Louvre, which permanently closed in October.

The store occupies a Haussmann-era apartment building, featuring what Apple is calling its "grandest" Forum dedicated to free Today at Apple sessions, which focus on photography, music, coding, and design. In the first week, Apple Champs-Élysées will host sessions with popular musicians, filmmakers, animators and more.

[​IMG]
    Apple has restored the facade and entryway, and extended the Burgundy stone from the exterior throughout the building. Meanwhile on the upper levels, French oak parquet floors detail the interconnected spaces of the Parisian apartment.

[​IMG]
    Environmental concerns have also played a part in the architectural design at Apple Champs-Élysées. For example, the courtyard is covered by a roof light that provides natural illumination and helps generate renewable energy, thanks to integrated photovoltaic panels. In addition, an integrated rainwater collection system provides water for the bathrooms, trees and green walls, ensuring the store maintains Apple's commitment to 100 percent renewable energy.

More than 330 employees, including over 100 new hires, will welcome customers when Apple Champs-Élysées opens its doors on Sunday at 12.00 p.m. local time.

Article Link: Apple Previews New Champs-Élysées Store in Paris, Opening This Sunday

2. H2SO4 macrumors 601

Apple do have lovely stores for sure, what's really lovely though is the sound of the words, "Champs-Élysées", when spoken by somebody with a native french tongue.

3. Scooz macrumors regular

Ive-speak needs an update from that gooey travel guide mode :rolleyes:

4. dominiongamma macrumors 65816

I thought Angela said these weren’t stores anymore? Townsquares as she said.guess they gave up on that because it sounded silly :)

5. NightFox macrumors 68020

NightFox

I'm guessing this is probably a fairly important criteria for Apple device compatibility

6. maerz001 macrumors 6502a

maerz001

With places like these it’s no wonder why their products get more and more expensive.
    “haute couture” ain’t cheap

7. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

This is just nonsense, these flagship stores sell much more than normal ones, they are hugely profitable.
    Shareholders...Wallstreet though .....

Typical Jony Ive drivel...blahblahblah.

8. Mike MA macrumors 68000

Mike MA

9. triton100 macrumors 6502

Beautiful store. Will be ramraided and gang rushed in no time though in Paris.

10. cupcakes2000 macrumors 6502

Yes - sure. Because THAT’S what Paris is like.

You have never been, that’s clear. You’re just blindly believing whatever you hear obviously.

11. triton100 macrumors 6502

How can you possibly know whether or not I’ve been to Paris. What an absolutely bizarre and ridiculous comment to make. Go back to school

12. cupcakes2000 macrumors 6502

Because I live here, and if you had been here at all you would know full well that you were talking nonsense.

Please, go ahead and believe and say what you want. I’m gonna call you out on it if it’s bullsh*t though, let’s be fair.

Paris is nothing at all like the sentence you just described. I suggest you should be the one to go back to school.

13. triton100 macrumors 6502

Yes those are the famous last words they said before London’s regent street flagship store was ram raided on multiple occasions. Smh

14. cupcakes2000 macrumors 6502

What has London got to do with Paris?

15. triton100 macrumors 6502

They are both big cities with a lot of crime. Anymore questions mon ami?

16. cupcakes2000 macrumors 6502

No thanks, you’re all good chief. You have demonstrated my point adequately already. It’s plain to see you know little, if anything, real about the city over which you toss your blanket statement.

17. triton100 macrumors 6502

Well seeing as my father is half french... So you don’t accept other people’s opinions? Life is going to **** all over you if you allow yourself to get upset by another’s opinion that you don’t agree with. I’m rooting for you though. I’m sure whatever’s bugging you in life will sort itself out. Good luck

18. cupcakes2000 macrumors 6502

I’m not upset. I’m calling you out on you and your tarring brush that you’re referring to as an opinion.

Opinion isn’t just something you or someone you hear about says. Opinion should be based on facts.

Yes there is crime in all major, and minor cities and towns.

No Paris isn’t especially susceptible to ram raiding gangs.

There is some fact to add to your opinion.

19. triton100 macrumors 6502

My learned friend. It seems that you are intent on attempting to gain the upper hand in this exchange. I am more than happy to concede to you as it’s evident you need it, and that arguing with a random internet stranger is of extreme importance in bolstering your low self esteem, and ego. Go forth and celebrate your victory, and I send you best wishes in overcoming whatever troubles you have that have led you to this point.

20. HJM.NL macrumors 65816

HJM.NL

Another proof Tim Cook’s goal is he wants to make Apple the Prada and Gucci brand of the tech industry. Would rather see their products be as great as they once were instead of all the bling bling at an exorbitant high price.

21. Dahveed 1954 macrumors newbie

Actually, she referred to the new store in Bangkok Thailand that opened last weekend as just that, a Town Square. However, the Town Square retail stores are more open and airy with lots of glass which they can't pull off in a historic building, like this one in Paris.